• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass for AR-15...Win, Rem, or LC?

Re: Brass for AR-15...Win, Rem, or LC?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elksniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No complaints about LC. </div></div>

+1
I use LC in my CMP gun and Remmy in my yote gun, no real reason other than to keep them divided.

I think the LC is a little nicer.

All of the above are good. If you're shooting match or long range for groups or something where consistency is key, keep not only the headstamp separated, but if there's a DOM stamp (IE LC 09) then keep them separate on that as well.

If you're just shooting chucks up close (<400) or steel or blasting targets within a few hundred yards then segregate as you feel the need or just load it all and shoot it.

Where can you even get new Lake City?

I run mostly once fired LC since I nabbed a couple thousand awhile back for free. I still havent knocked the crimp out of all of them.

I use Winchester for my .308 loads. I will probably try some for .223 if I need to buy.

Ant of the 3 you mentioned is a good choice,I have and still use them in my gas guns. If doing some long range shooting go with Lapua brass. Thats ALL I use in my bolt guns. Here is my list of brass.
Lapua
Hornady
Winchester
Military
This is only my preferance,your's or someones else's will be different.