• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ammo Brass Prep Service ...

Ammunition for sale

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I have quite an investment in high-end brass prep tools and devices, including a Frankford rotary wet tumbler, AMP annealer, Reading FL sizing dies, SAC bushings, Century-21 Mandrel sets, Henderson power trimmer, and lots of other stuff to measure, manipulate, and produce consistent results. When I prep brass, it comes out "pristine" and ready to load ... I even have thousands of primers (regular and magnum) for those that want cases that are ready to charge and seat.

I'm retired, have lots of time on my hands, and decided to make a few spare bucks doing brass prep for others that don't want the aggravation or don't have the time. I enjoy it, and it's good therapy for me. I have everything necessary to decap, clean, anneal, size, mandrel, trim, chamfer, debur, and prime cases in:
    • 300 Blackout
    • 300 Win Mag
    • 300 PRC
    • 300 Norma Mag
    • 338 Lapua Mag
    • 6.5 Creedmoor
    You send me a bag o' dirty brass with the exact measurements you're looking for (bump, bushing, neck, case-length, normal/magnum primer), and I'll send you back a beautiful case that meets your specs and is ready for powder and bullet.

Price for primed brass (ready for powder and seating) in any of those calibers is $0.75 cents per case.

I prep brass for consistency and competition, so if you're looking for "bargain case prep" for tons of plinking ammo ... you won't be interested ... and that's OK.

You pay postage both ways ... I'll calculate the return trip for you (UPS Ground) and add it to the payment when the brass is ready to ship home.

Anyone interested? DM me and let's discuss. If nobody is interested, then I'll just keep prepping brass for myself - no harm done in the attempt.

Side note ... if you want to start by sending me just a few cases to test my work ... say 3-to-5 ... I'm fine with doing that for free so that you can see my work, and check that my results meet your specifications.

Rusty in Bend Oregon

Last edited:
    Do you intend to add cartridges in the future, maybe 6GT?
    Probably not ... it just isn't cost-effective based on the "yawn" I got with this ad. I think I'm doomed to spending my own money to support my "habit", and accepting that I'll occasionally get scolded by my beautiful wife.

Reactions: 99mpower
    Probably not ... it just isn't cost-effective based on the "yawn" I got with this ad. I think I'm doomed to spending my own money to support my "habit", and accepting that I'll occasionally get scolded by my beautiful wife.
    In reference to your lack of response to this ad, it’s because you are significantly higher than someone else on this site providing the same services with the same equipment. The service you offer is one that is needed by many. Either they don’t have the equipment you do, or the time. However, you have to be competitive with pricing.

Reactions: Dave__th3__ss
    I've decided to go back to just reloading for myself. Thanks to everyone that inquired, but (a) my rates are too high, (b) I value my services more than others, and (c) this turned out to be more trouble than it's worth. God bless anyone that's willing to do it for "minimum wage" ... I'm not one of 'em.

In reference to your lack of response to this ad, it’s because you are significantly higher than someone else on this site providing the same services with the same equipment. The service you offer is one that is needed by many. Either they don’t have the equipment you do, or the time. However, you have to be competitive with pricing.

Care to share what the “going rate” is, or link to thread?