• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass Prices Are Through The Roof !!!

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
I just priced several calibers in the common cartridges I shoot, and prices on brass has gone up more than 20% in 2 weeks!!!!
shocked.gif

It seems as if I fell asleep and awoke to the crazy prices. I didn't see this coming.

Your thoughts?

Midway seems to be the only company that is able to hold onto any brass. I can see why now! They went up $60 a 1,000 on a lot of their brass since the beginning of August.

Re: Brass Prices Are Through The Roof !!!

People in my area are buying ammo and stocking up all they can afford. I think it's a supply and demand causing prices going up. Anything to do with ammo is going up.

Kevin

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Starline makes brass for 3 major manufacturers, and even though Starline's brass has only gone up $10 / 1,000 ... the manufacturers who resell with their individual headstamp on it are still raising their prices.

What they don't realize is that they're only hurting themselves! They are raising the demand for Starline brass which means they'll be later on getting their shipment of brass. Reverse economics at it's best.
laugh.gif
They are creating a demand for their publicly accessible supplier while raising the prices on the same product.

its the whores who are buying up everything. The guys you never see at the range. The people who never fire their guns. They are foolish , and they cant swipe their credit cards fast enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its the whores who are buying up everything. The guys you never see at the range. The people who never fire their guns. They are foolish , and they cant swipe their credit cards fast enough.
</div></div>

I think it's "Hoarders", but yep, they ain't gonna fire that shit ain't no way, ain't no how. This shit keeps up we'll be buying primers by the dozen, $4.50 a dozen! Madness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its the whores who are buying up everything. The guys you never see at the range. The people who never fire their guns. They are foolish , and they cant swipe their credit cards fast enough.
</div></div>

I agree with you! I know of 2 people who are buying like mad .... AND they DON'T EVEN SHOOT!

One of them has close to 50k 5.56 & 20k 9mm, and he hasn't shot his guns since the spring!

lots of hoarding going on, and the suppliers and manufacturers see the short term profit opportunity.

Jeffvn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aimsmall55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two words: Hillary Clinton </div></div>

Those are fighting words.

There may come a time when ammunition will be worth it's weight in gold. Literally.
I'm not buying any. I have no guns. No ammunition, either, as far as you know.....

I'm a hoarder. I keep at least a two year supply of components on hand. If PV, Graf's or elswhere has a good sale, no freight, no HAZMAT, etc., I'll place an order to save a few bucks.

Call me whatever you like, but my shooting habits didn't change during the last shortages. I even helped a couple of friends get through the "depression era."

Brass dont rot and dont go out of fashion so why not stock up to lock in lower prices if you need them anyway?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its the whores who are buying up everything. The guys you never see at the range. The people who never fire their guns. They are foolish , and they cant swipe their credit cards fast enough.
</div></div>

I agree with you! I know of 2 people who are buying like mad .... AND they DON'T EVEN SHOOT!

One of them has close to 50k 5.56 & 20k 9mm, and he hasn't shot his guns since the spring! </div></div>
Anybody here want to rob him with me? I've got an extra set of sniper clothing.

Ammo is like the stock market. Up and down . Mostly up and never down to where it was.(like Gas??) Funny thing is most investors loose their ass but hurt the market in the meantime.Fear gets to some guys and they buy into the frenzy. I say the only time you can have too much ammo is when your on fire or drowning.Too bad I shot all mine.