• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Brass Quality, expected number of reloads

hunter1959

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020
curious about the experienced averages with these brass types... Black Hills, Hornady, Norma, Lapua

Really depends on load / pressure you are running. If you are running higher pressure loads - 6 or 7 on Hornady and Norma if you are lucky. Never ran Black hills or Lapua. I have run Peterson, ADG and currently Alpha OCD. I am on my 10th firing with OCD and a modest - not hot load in my GT. The primer pockets are still tight, no issues, still shoots good. There is also a significant cost difference between those brands. I have learned with Brass, as with many things related to shooting sports, you get what you pay for.

Reactions: simonp
Really depends on load / pressure you are running. If you are running higher pressure loads - 6 or 7 on Hornady and Norma if you are lucky. Never ran Black hills or Lapua. I have run Peterson, ADG and currently Alpha OCD. I am on my 10th firing with OCD and a modest - not hot load in my GT. The primer pockets are still tight, no issues, still shoots good. There is also a significant cost difference between those brands. I have learned with Brass, as with many things related to shooting sports, you get what you pay for.
thanks John... I am running 6.5 creedmoor... 147 ELD-M , with H4305.. at 40.1... any further thoughts, let me know.. appreciate it

That is a pretty light load, you should get good brass life out of most brass, esp if you are annealing.

Reactions: Gtscotty