• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brass weight for under Manners cheek riser

Lunchbox27

Professional whisky drinker
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2017
    Maryland
    Before I put up a “WTB” add, figured I would check here and see if anyone has a source. I’m looking for a 16oz brass (or any other material that will fit the weight) that will sit under the Manners cheek riser (KMW) hardware for some balance.

I had one made a few years back for another rifle, but he doesn’t appear to be making them anymore, and I would like a few more.

Anyone know of a company that could make these? I checked with Area419 and Manners, negative on both.

I think I understand what you are doing, but will describe what I did on my Bravo. My space under the cheek riser has pockets underneath. I bought large lead egg sinkers and hammered into shape to add weight to ass end.....also pulled spacers on butt stock to fill in that area too. Was about $7 for 36 ounces worth when I did it compared to the comical $112 KRG kit. Had it that way over a year love it.....hope that helps. If this is what you are doing type this into the amazons:

Bullet Weights Egg Fishing Sinker (3-Pack), 6-Ounce, Multicolored, Model: EGI1-24​

Reactions: lash
    I think it would be pretty easy to make yourself. See how much space you between the the riser and the base and find a piece of brass stock the correct thickness (Mcmaster-Carr or MSC should be able to hook you up. You might have to sand to get the thickness to just so) Get the spacing of the the riser posts and drill to fit. Then slip the cheek riser in, transfer the footprint profile of the cheek riser with a sharpie to the brass and jig saw and sand the profile to match. Done! You have a weight and a shim for repetablity of the height of the cheek riser. One side note... The cheek riser has a chamfered profile so you would have the shorten the length to clear so it doesn't bind but a 3" x 2" x .625" piece of brass weighs 18.21oz so after holes and profiling you should hit your 16oz target weight pretty easily.

Reactions: camocorvette
    I bought a tungsten car weight off Amazon and drilled for my manners.

Attachments

• 20210123_155228.jpg
      20210123_155228.jpg
      423.8 KB · Views: 130
    Not sure if the hole spacing is the same, but one of the TCS' steel buttstock weights might work on there (it's also KMW hardware)?

Thanks all for the recommendations/info. Someone reached out to me for the weights.

Could you link to the the part? can't seem to find it on amazon. Thanks
    Here you go. It is a tungsten bucking bar. They have gone up a bit since I got mine but it still adds a good amount of weight in a small package. Be aware that drilling it is not fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-082054_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      Screenshot_20220925-082054_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      120.6 KB · Views: 39
    Here you go. It is a tungsten bucking bar. They have gone up a bit since I got mine but it still adds a good amount of weight in a small package. Be aware that drilling it is not fun.
    Ya I was gonna ask how you got holes drilled in it

Drill press running slow and diamond tip drill bit cooling with cutting oil or water frequently.