• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bravo chassis w/ 223 AICS mags and Howa/Weatherby action

trdjohn

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2019
NE IL
So I have a couple of Weatherby Vanguard 2 rifles laying around, so I ordered a KRG Bravo chassis for my 243 Win, but haven't gotten it yet. I also have Weatherby Vanguard 2 in 223 rem built on standard short action (it's not a mini Howa action).

I see on KRG's website they footnote that the 223 size AIC metal magazine won't work with Howa or Savage actions. What is preventing that mag/action combo? Is there something I can file/dremel on the mag, or is there a work around on the action feed ramp or need to inlet the chassis further?

Will the MDT plastic or MDT plastic/metal 223 size AIC mags work? Or will I have to wait around for Magpul's 223 AICS mag?

I've tried googling number of times, just can't seem to zero in on any threads that specially address the Bravo/Howa/223 metal AIC mags work around, or maybe I'm blind and it's been in front of me the whole time.

(FWIW I have also ordered a 308 sized bolt stop, to swap out on the 223 Van 2 rifle, instead of cutting down the existing longer bolt stop, in case I want to put it back into the excellent looking wood stock.)