• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bravo Chassis?

300Norma1959

Auto Animal
Banned !
Minuteman
May 26, 2020
I have been looking at the Bravo due to its price point. It would be for a 6.5 CM. I dont shoot competitively so I dont need fancy features. Is there any thing else that I should be looking at in that price range thats good?

I went with the Bravo myself but this exists as well:

Reactions: Islas82
I had some bad luck with two MDTs chassis. The first one did not center the action. The end of the barrel was off center about 1/4 inch. They replaced it and the second one was better but not perfect.

I have 2 of the Bravo chassis. One is on a Tikka CTR and the other is on a Bighorn TL-2 in 223Rem.

I really like them. The only thing I kind of dislike is the placement of the sling swivel at the rear as it hits my cheek if I have it on the left side of the chassis being a right-handed shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_193453.jpg
    IMG_20191217_193453.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 563
I have two. I’m probably going to order a third. They are awesome.

Another Bravo vote. Had mine 2 years lost $75 on it in the px so I rented it for basically $3 a month.

I'm in the two Bravo camp myself ... nice and simple ... but have adjustable cheek rest and LOP without much weight ... perfect for me !

49681991858_231259e770_k.jpg

2 Bravo's here also. 6.5 CM Bartlein , Zermatt Origin action. 10rds @ 100yds . My second Bravo is waiting on a barrel

HnKYSyi.jpg

I have a few different stocks including a bravo on a 6 creedmoor. Probably the most underrated stock on the market. Dont think there is any way to go wrong with one.

I have had two barreled actions in the same Bravo stock. Started with a Tikka CTR in 6.5 CM , moved that action to a MDT ACC and then bought a T3 Lite in .223 to put in the Bravo because it was lonely.
The Bravo is a great stock considering the price point. There are a lot of them out there and they remain in pretty high demand because of how well they work.
I added the KRG ARCA rail and am pretty happy with how the system is working so far.

I just ordered 2 bravo's today for a couple rim x builds I have in the works. They are hard to beat for the price range!

Reactions: Jory45acp
I have been looking at the Bravo due to its price point. It would be for a 6.5 CM. I dont shoot competitively so I dont need fancy features. Is there any thing else that I should be looking at in that price range thats good?
As Shown 1492 said, the MDT Oryx is a better choice. A bit havier, but that weight will help for a more balanced plattform.

As Shown 1492 said, the MDT Oryx is a better choice. A bit havier, but that weight will help for a more balanced plattform.

You can add weight to the Bravo, it's cheaper, and has way more upgrades if you choose to later. How is the Oryx better? The only upgrade I know of for it is one and only option for an Arca rail.

Having now added the toolless butt spacer and arca rail and spigot to my bravo I wish I had an oryx again instead. Its just a nicer shooting experience for me.

Reactions: SniperWolf6mm
You can add weight to the Bravo, it's cheaper, and has way more upgrades if you choose to later. How is the Oryx better? The only upgrade I know of for it is one and only option for an Arca rail.
The Oryx is a full length aluminum body. This helps with better harmonics, less recoil and less vibrations. That means all the energy has a better dissipation. But this is only theory. In real life Shooting, there are a lot of variants. Just my two cents...

I have a Bravo set with up a Rem700 SA with 2 barrels with nuts with 2 more in the works for a 300 WM build and a Tikka T3X...

Current Bravo is packed full of weight coming in at 20 lbs. I used 44Mag projectiles in all the empty cavities to balance as well as weight.

They do have a MIL/LE discount program that helps.

I have 2 of the Bravo chassis. One is on a Tikka CTR and the other is on a Bighorn TL-2 in 223Rem.

I really like them. The only thing I kind of dislike is the placement of the sling swivel at the rear as it hits my cheek if I have it on the left side of the chassis being a right-handed shooter.

How in gods green earth did you get the picatinny rail to attach right behind the butt stock hook? I assume longer screws?

Last edited:
How in gods green earth did you get the picatinny rail to attach right behind the butt stock hook? I assume longer screws?

I don't recall needing any other hardware than what came with the stock. It was kind of a pain but it worked fine.

Reactions: EN2722
For the price range the Bravo is a great choice. I have a Howa 1500 6.5cm in a Bravo and its worked great for me. There are a few good threads from guys that have both the Oryx and Bravo for comparison, the MDT XRS is pretty new so I have not seen one yet so cant speak to it personally.

Reactions: EN2722
Honestly, the Bravo is pretty decent and you will be happy with it if you like the way it fits and feels. They also seem to hold their value pretty well if you change your mind in the future.

How would you compare the Tikka action to the Bighorn? Anything obvious about the fitment in the chassis?

I really like mine but it’s for sale to fund another project:

How would you compare the Tikka action to the Bighorn? Anything obvious about the fitment in the chassis?

They are basically the same *except* that with the Tikka there's an open space below the cheekpiece in the stock where stuff can collect which I'm not a fan of. I need to fill it in with something.

Reactions: 199 398 500 A