• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BREAKING: NZ Police actively confiscating guns. First civilian death resulting from crackdown.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • WARNING: MAJOR derp content:

First circulated on NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums, police showing up at workplaces, gun ranges demanding to see firearms. Thread:

Highlight: More info in running thread:

----------
    Evening all.

Got suggested I pop this up but whilst at work this morning, I hear a voice ask for me by name. I turn around and there's 2 police officers.

Needless to say workmates were shocked too see me taken into a room for a chat and these guys were quite nice about it but wanted to know what my partner and I have.

Was polite and freely told them plus we were waiting on further buyback details and advice at this time. Also let them know due to having been days away from both of us submitting our E cat application our E cat safe is installed and floor plated as per the reccommendatons. (So stored legally in an odd stroke of luck)

Since the order came through on Thursday we have not touched them, not allowed to use them so are following the rules. I didn't put any paperwork or forms in yet so was a little shocked to see them come out of nowhere. Anyone else get this yet?

Any reason why they would of chosen us? All were A cat so bit confused (and worried/scared) that they just rock up and pull out the note pad and say tell us what ya got.

Cheers all (based in Rotorua)
    ----------

PART II: Man killed (suicide? No details) during police standoff after son posts avatar picture of himself wearing Russian army uniform and holding airsoft rifle.

Source:

----------
    A former Russian soldier who feared going back to prison tried to call his son before dying of a suspected suicide following a three-hour standoff with police.

The family of 54-year-old Troy Dubovskiy told Stuff he was sought by police after his property in the Christchurch suburb of St Martins was searched on Tuesday.

Police acted on information from the public.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said police found a number of firearms at the property and Dubovskiy, a welder and steel fabricator, was found in the Richmond Park area about 12.30am on Wednesday when his vehicle was stopped.

"The Police Negotiation Team spoke with the man over a number of hours. The police helicopter and Armed Offenders Squad were in support during the negotiations.

"At around 3.40am police approached the vehicle and discovered the man critically injured," Bush said.

Dubovskiy's 16-year-old son, who Stuff has decided not to name, said police searched the homes of his father, mother and grandparents after someone reported a photo the teen made his profile picture on Facebook five days ago.

The photo, which he first posted to Facebook several years ago, shows the teen holding a replica rifle and wearing a Russian helmet. The teen used the equipment along with his father while playing Airsoft, a team sport where people shoot each other with pellets using replica guns.

"I just thought I'd change up my profile picture and I found that photo and saved and uploaded it. I didn't think much of it," the teen said.

He was about to go the gym with his friends on Tuesday when a friend messaged him to say there was a large police presence near his father's home.

On arrival he saw a large number of armed police blocking off the road and a bridge. His father was still out working at the time, he said.

After establishing his identity, police told the 16-year-old he was going to be arrested for possession of ammunition and a firearm in his room.

He said the firearm in his room was an 8 millimetre blank pistol. The other gun, found in his father's room was an illegal, modified SKS semi-automatic, he said.

Also in the house was his father's large collection of World War II German memorabilia, including uniforms, pouches and helmets.

The teen said he was taken to a police station and interviewed about the items, initially in the presence of his brother. His mother, Dubovskiy's ex-partner, then came to the station as well.

The family were held in the station for several hours as police negotiated with Dubovskiy.

The 54-year-old tried calling his son once and ex-partner twice, however officers told them not to answer the phone. His ex-partner briefly spoke to him, and he said goodbye, his son said.

Dubovskiy also called another friend, 21-year-old Jonathan Hinds.

"He just called me brother and said goodbye," Hinds told Stuff.

Dubovskiy's son and ex-partner were allowed to leave about 4am. About an hour later the teen was sitting in his room when officers arrived at their home.

"I go to see what it is and I just see my mother and brother in tears, crying and it just hit me."..........( more on the article page )
    ----------

Looks like shit just got real over there. Wonder what the tolerance limit of the good folks are going to be.

Never too late, I think we are in an awakening period by the third of the population that never really looked at what’s going on.
    It is to late for those who are under the impression a object is the problem. Most of those who are brain washed/dead don't have a clue as to how they are being used an what they are giving up or have gave up already. History teaches but most have to relive it, or seem to want to relieve it,...
    Athens Tenn will happen again,... but this time on a much larger level,...

Communications. NUMBER 1 PRIORITY.

Circle of trusted friends. Backup weaponry. Assistance and medical aid for victims of collateral damage, ie. family members of fellow neighbors who gets targeted.

Fieldcraft. Military expertise and knowledge of surrounding areas. Setting up roadblocks, dead ends, etc.

All this must be on tap and ready to be deployed. A mass confiscation IS a SHTF event.

Communications. NUMBER 1 PRIORITY.
    One of the reasons we hold a net everyday is to make sure no one was dragged out in the middle of the night. You don't check in or give advance notice thereof we come looking. Everyone of us took an oath to the others, pray it never comes to that but if it does, so be it.

So much for the "nice" police the NZ supposedly has.
    I guess they are only "nice" if you are a robber, mugger, rapist or murderer.
    If you happen to be a law abiding peace loving target and sport shooting enthusiast well then you get the full on Nazi treatment with the SS out to kill you.

One of the reasons we hold a net everyday is to make sure no one was dragged out in the middle of the night. You don't check in or give advance notice thereof we come looking. Everyone of us took an oath to the others, pray it never comes to that but if it does, so be it.

That is probably the best idea possible if you have a close enough group of people to pull it off.

It's also however useful for not just in case of oppression, it could help save someone's life if they get seriously injured or have a life threatening medical emergency or such & can't call for help.

Nobody in NZ should give up their rights without a fight to the death... no matter who is trying to enslave them,,, after initial fight go after the string pullers who hold elected office, dont look back and acceptt you will be dead soon and fight that way.

Well that is one too many

I have read over there that the NZ police have been proponents of these types of bans for many years now. With a mindset like that they may be expected to be heavy handed getting what they've wanted for a while.

I've read there is a thriving black market over there and that the police don't do much to have an effect on the gangs. If that is the case then, as been said many times before, this banning is just going to take firearms away from the everyday law abiding Joe.

Hi,

Well let us not act like USA Leaders have not spoken about pretty much same "confiscation" type thing. Only difference is they use the term "Dangerous People" instead of dangerous guns.

Sincerely,
    Theis

As a cop, there is 0 chance you will see US cops going door to door to take guns. Not a single one of us would do it.

I think that broad generalization is absolutely incorrect. There will be cops that will acquiesce and do it because they do as commanded and/or don't believe the average person should own a gun.

As a cop, there is 0 chance you will see US cops going door to door to take guns. Not a single one of us would do it.

Hi,

Sadly it has already started here in the USA under the disguise of "Protecting" you and/or family member under the Constitutionally illegal "Red Flag" laws.
    The Red Flag confiscations for "Protection and Safety" is being used to condition the populace and the LEO that this order is helping someone that needs help.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:

They will push those of you with a conscience out in those departments where there is division on the matter and replace you with those that will. The division will be coming from the top.

Graham supports red flag laws, and in early March, he told CNN the confiscatory laws represent a place Republicans and Democrats can “come together” on gun control.

Hi,

Sadly it has already started here in the USA under the disguise of "Protecting" you and/or family member under the Constitutionally illegal "Red Flag" laws.
    The Red Flag confiscations for "Protection and Safety" is being used to condition the populace and the LEO that this order is helping someone that needs help.

Sincerely,
    Theis

I don't believe that for 1 second!!! Maybe you but not the majority of cops!! Sorry but that's just the feeling I get talking to plenty of LEOs.

BW

I know it is written down on the constitution, but they will find ways around it.

Additionally, I dont think NZ has any 2nd amendment to help support them in this fight.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    They will push those of you with a conscience out in those departments where there is division on the matter and replace you with those that will. The division will be coming from the top.

Graham supports red flag laws, and in early March, he told CNN the confiscatory laws represent a place Republicans and Democrats can “come together” on gun control.

And where are these replacements coming from? Our dept, which has less than 100 officers, has been 15 officers short for about 3 years now. Depts all across the country are struggling to fill positions. We can't find people that want to do the job now let alone when they are advertising "FREE GUN, FULL PENSION, COME CONFISCATE GUNS!" people aren't going to be lining up to fill these spots.

We barely have enough cops to cover the streets in this country, let along the manpower to attempt to run around and collect half a billion firearms while covering the street and dealing with all the widespread damage that would result from it.

Could you get the military to help? I mean, you could ask. But how many of those guys are willingly going to go door to door and engage on american citizens?

If you attempt to take guns on a grand full population scale there will 100% be resistance, civil unrest, and a real possibility at a civil war.
    You're going to have to ask people who don't own/have/support guns, to take up a gun and take down people with guns.

Yes, laws are constantly changing with guns, absolutely. We've lived through an assault weapons ban, bumpstocks have been banned, but I wonder how many people actually turned them in, and we lived through a Sandy Hook panic where ammo dried up, people sold guns and parts for exponential value. Once that passed, we now have the cheapest AR parts in history.

With as many firearms that are in circulation right now, it would be extremely difficult to collect all of them, especially without massive collateral damage. Maybe one day, but it's highly unlikely it will happen in any of our lifetimes. In my opinion, thinking that next week all local LEO are going to be kicking your doors in to take all your guns is too tinfoil hatty for me.

And where are these replacements coming from? Our dept, which has less than 100 officers, has been 15 officers short for about 3 years now. Depts all across the country are struggling to fill positions. We can't find people that want to do the job now let alone when they are advertising "FREE GUN, FULL PENSION, COME CONFISCATE GUNS!" people aren't going to be lining up to fill these spots.

We barely have enough cops to cover the streets in this country, let along the manpower to attempt to run around and collect half a billion firearms while covering the street and dealing with all the widespread damage that would result from it.

Could you get the military to help? I mean, you could ask. But how many of those guys are willingly going to go door to door and engage on american citizens?

If you attempt to take guns on a grand full population scale there will 100% be resistance, civil unrest, and a real possibility at a civil war.
    You're going to have to ask people who don't own/have/support guns, to take up a gun and take down people with guns.

Yes, laws are constantly changing with guns, absolutely. We've lived through an assault weapons ban, bumpstocks have been banned, but I wonder how many people actually turned them in, and we lived through a Sandy Hook panic where ammo dried up, people sold guns and parts for exponential value. Once that passed, we now have the cheapest AR parts in history.

With as many firearms that are in circulation right now, it would be extremely difficult to collect all of them, especially without massive collateral damage. Maybe one day, but it's highly unlikely it will happen in any of our lifetimes. In my opinion, thinking that next week all local LEO are going to be kicking your doors in to take all your guns is too tinfoil hatty for me.

While I am sure of, and also know many good, outstanding police officers who actively supports the Constitution and would not engage in any acts of tyranny, I also work in a highly leftist urban area and from overhearing many conversations, there are also officers who would happily support a gun confiscation and enforce it too. Not to mention the fact that highly corrupt individuals such as HPD chief Art Acevedo exist on all levels.

I'm sure there are some cops that would go along with it, but that number would be minority of officers currently staffed. The manpower required to do it would be overwhelming. You couldn't do it with the current number of staffed officers and there aren't enough people waiting in the wings to bring on board to complete the mission.

IDGAF what's too tin foil hatty for you. Red flag laws, NZ now, other countries, the push to remove weapons from people for literally any reason like the shit they pulled on Vets...

There will never be a full scale confiscation in the US of course not. They'll start with one group, expand red flag laws until so much as a traffic ticket gets your rights taken away, until so many people have given them up so slowly that it's too late.

I am sure there was a time when some police officer said they'd never find cops if they turned them into a defacto tax collection wing of the government via useless and petty fines but here we are.

With as many firearms that are in circulation right now, it would be extremely difficult to collect all of them, especially without massive collateral damage.

This is a point that many have brought up to steer people away from confiscation, but it has not stopped them from pushing it at every opportunity.

In my opinion, thinking that next week all local LEO are going to be kicking your doors in to take all your guns is too tinfoil hatty for me.

I'm sure someone said the same exact thing about the first unconstitutional gun control legislature... and then someone else probably said it about the second... and then the third, and so on...

IDGAF what's too tin foil hatty for you. Red flag laws, NZ now, other countries, the push to remove weapons from people for literally any reason like the shit they pulled on Vets...

There will never be a full scale confiscation in the US of course not. They'll start with one group, expand red flag laws until so much as a traffic ticket gets your rights taken away, until so many people have given them up so slowly that it's too late.

I am sure there was a time when some police officer said they'd never find cops if they turned them into a defacto tax collection wing of the government via useless and petty fines but here we are.
    Funny how they never start with the criminal group. ?

I would love to hear the thoughts from our LEO members here, about this. Do you do your “job” or do what’s right?
    We aren't allowed to talk about that. Too many hurt feelings reports get filed.

Look at CA, NY, MD, New Orleans, Waco, ruby ridge. Some won't participate but many will participate in confiscations and if they don't, the oligharchy will find those who will. Even if it means bringing in mercs

None seem to have a problem with red flag bull shit

Do you not suppose that replacements could be found in a pinch? If bodies are needed to fill vacancies because cops quit or were fired I am sure that vacuum would be easily filled. You have the National Guard as an option. There are a lot of gun grabbers that would suit up and join the confiscation if supported in a group. They would not have to be cops, just "deputized" if you will. Depending on who is the Prez during this time don't for one minute think that the UN would not be called in to put boots on the ground.

"By disobeying the posted speed limit, you have demonstrated your willingness to break the law, and are a risk to own a firearm. RED FLAG!"

It's fucking scary how easy it will be for them to correlate anything to a red flag bill. All it takes is a little word-smithing from a politician and an ignorant, yet devout following of unconstitutional citizens. Both of which are abundant in the States.

Well that is one too many

I have read over there that the NZ police have been proponents of these types of bans for many years now. With a mindset like that they may be expected to be heavy handed getting what they've wanted for a while.

I've read there is a thriving black market over there and that the police don't do much to have an effect on the gangs. If that is the case then, as been said many times before, this banning is just going to take firearms away from the everyday law abiding Joe.

Like their neighbors in Australia, they are committing a knee jerk reaction. And they will reap similar results.

Reactions: maverickasu
    We aren't allowed to talk about that. Too many hurt feelings reports get filed.

Look at CA, NY, MD, New Orleans, Waco, ruby ridge. Some won't participate but many will participate in confiscations and if they don't, the oligharchy will find those who will. Even if it means bringing in mercs

None seem to have a problem with red flag bull shit

"Hey the guy who red-misted a woman carrying her baby through a door was just keeping the thin blue line, baby! She was playing stupid games so she won a stupid prize! How dare you question law enforcements' decision in the moment, what are you a LIBTARD?"

Did I miss anything there? lol

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply in detail. It's great to hear from those in Law Enforcement that value freedom & understand and respect the constitution. All too often it's the very few of the opposite persuasion that make all the headlines.

If you don't mind, here is a couple questions from a more realistic idea of how things will go down, based on history & current events.

Unless the folks pulling the strings on the Communists (Democrats) in this country, actually want an all out civil war, they won't go for an all out, all at once take your guns away. That pretty much historically is never done, even in the truly freedom hating states on the coasts.

Instead what they will do is ratchet up the laws ever more and more restrictive, making more and more things illegal to possess, demanding law abiding freedom loving folks submit to more and more restrictions and controls & cosmetic restrictions. They will gradually ramp up the penalties for stupid stuff and nibble away at what you can have bit by bit. Then they will demand "registration" and make it a crime not to have "registration" or something De Facto like that such as proof you transferred it through an FFL etc. Then they will expand the reasons they can take things away from you and expand the "prohibiting offenses", then they will use taxes and mandatory insurance & the doctors / mental health folks to help strip away the rights of the last remaining few.

Unfortunately history has shown that if you have evil folks in control they will eventually find henchmen to do their bidding even if they have to resort to basically recruiting from criminals & foreign folks.

In my opinion, good officers like yourself are stuck in a bad position due to the evil politicians and bureaucrats that the stupid SJW worshiping people have put into place.

Assuming the above, in a hypothetical situation, have you thought about where you finally draw the line and decide you can't be a part of things anymore & have to retire if you are forced to enforce laws you know are wrong and don't have a choice if you want to keep your job.?
    This is assuming that you not complying with the dictates of the political elite that run/influence/control the police departments eventually puts you at odds with "orders" given to you & as such makes them say either do it or get fired. I'm assuming also the ones calling the shots don't like explaining all the details to the police they send, they just say you must go xxx and do xxx

Here is a sample from current events:
    You find someone with a firearm that can fire more than 1 round per trigger pull & they haven't paid / been allowed to pay the tax for it & they don't have any intention of giving it up?
    You find someone with a bump stock on their AK that the government now says you can't have & they don't have any intention of giving it up?
    You find someone with a magazine that holds more rounds than the idiot politicians now allow and extra plastic is now a huge crime?
    You find someone has more bullets loaded into their magazine than the communists say they should be able to put in?
    You find someone with a firearm that has features that now make it some huge crime to have according the the communists in charge?
    You get orders that somebody is accused of throwing their keychain on the kitchen counter in an "angry" manner and you are told to go take their guns, or arrest them for not turning over their guns and they tell you in no uncertain terms they are not going to comply?
    You get told to go take someone's guns because their ex wife has gone crying to a judge that they "just don't feel safe" during the divorce and are simply trying to screw their husband over even more and piss them off for spite. And said person tells you in no uncertain terms that they will not comply?
    You get told to go remove guns from someone because some relative/neighbor/anyone else with an axe to grind made a false "red flag" report and the subject of said takings stands up for themselves and says, No, the constitution says you have to convict me in a court of law in open court where I get to face my accusers before you can take my rights so (insert favorite retort about procreating with yourself).
    You find someone with an "unregistered" gun or that doesn't have a "licence" for guns/whatever and that has become a big crime in your state?
    You get told to go "collect" firearms of a class that is now suddenly no longer allowed and the owner has no intention of giving them up?
    You come across someone otherwise law abiding that is carrying guns without the approval of the state/city/politicians (if that is even possible in the state by then).

The above are all things taken from active headlines that step by step Democrats/Liberals/SJWs/Communists have been using to disarm the local citizens piecemeal and which in every case there is documented evidence of at least some of the local law enforcement personnel having no problem enforcing.

The problem is that all this has been going on and only getting worse in freedom hating areas that the Communists take over & with a few exceptions of elected independent sheriffs standing up and saying no at some threshold point, it progresses along. Eventually pushing out the freedom loving good folks in Law Enforcement from Communist controlled areas and slowly replacing them with those who will say yes, regardless of qualifications.

It's a bit of a dilemma and I'll admit I have no idea what to do about it, or how to determine who can be counted on to do the right thing & who will do as they are told.

"Hey the guy who red-misted a woman carrying her baby through a door was just keeping the thin blue line, baby! She was playing stupid games so she won a stupid prize! How dare you question law enforcements' decision in the moment, what are you a LIBTARD?"

Did I miss anything there? lol
    He was shooting unarmed people trying to escape the building they set on fire too

"No one will enforce that"
    "No one will burn up little kids to save them"
    "No one will runs guns to Mexico knowing they will be used to commit murders , in order to push more gun control"
    "No one would do false flags"

some of yall need history in your lives.

In my short lifetime I have seen.....

Coca-cola go from a nickle to over a dollar, and Coke is still in business.

Gas go from .25 a gallon to over $4.00 and back to $2.39.... gas is still being sold.

I've seen the 68 and 86 bullshit, and watched at least two freedom fighting and freedom loving generations roll over for it.

I've seen at least two more generations roll over because they were trained to go along for safety issues.

I've seen everything in "Unintended Consequences" happen except the people get enough and do something meaningful.

I have 38 years in watching the evolution of laws and law enforcement. I have seen the generational changes.
    I served under WW2 and Korean War veterans, I served with veterans from every conflict since, and I have seen them ALL change.

Let any serving officer SEE an armed person harm a child, a weaker sex person, an old person, or a fellow officer and NONE of them have any trouble seizing weapons, IF the law allows it.

Incrementally as the water heats up, the frog is ok with it.
    Incrementally as the laws change going after recognizably dangerous people and their weapons, EVERYBODY is ok with it. (To degrees)....
    Incrementally the generations ARE changing, and propagandists have convinced greater numbers that firearms have less place in our world, and these newly convicted people are raising yet another generation of "guns have no place."
    Anybody that cant see that, in politicians like AOC and her ilk, are either mentally dead, intellectually blind, or lost to the propaganda.

The people on this board who protest the loss of freedom the loudest are between 50 and 70 years of age, and the majority of the following generations do not share the lost values..... because they have been incrementally reduced to accept the changes that are now their norm.

In many police depts the younger generation is the majority now, and IF THEY FEEL THREATENED, they will enforce the codified laws. I see this every day. Growing.
    And I still train them......

It is what it is. That's what I SEE.

Cops take an oath to protect the constitution.
    There's good reason the worst penalties are reserved for traitors.

So do our politicians. Look how that's working out....our Representation has no problems writing and passing illegal/unconstitutional laws and, in the process, defiling themselves via breach of oath. Yet none are taken to task for it.

VooDoo

In my short lifetime I have seen.....

Coca-cola go from a nickle to over a dollar, and Coke is still in business.

Gas go from .25 a gallon to over $4.00 and back to $2.39.... gas is still being sold.

I've seen the 68 and 86 bullshit, and watched at least two freedom fighting and freedom loving generations roll over for it.

I've seen at least two more generations roll over because they were trained to go along for safety issues.

I've seen everything in "Unintended Consequences" happen except the people get enough and do something meaningful.

I have 38 years in watching the evolution of laws and law enforcement. I have seen the generational changes.
    I served under WW2 and Korean War veterans, I served with veterans from every conflict since, and I have seen them ALL change.

Let any serving officer SEE an armed person harm a child, a weaker sex person, an old person, or a fellow officer and NONE of them have any trouble seizing weapons, IF the law allows it.

Incrementally as the water heats up, the frog is ok with it.
    Incrementally as the laws change going after recognizably dangerous people and their weapons, EVERYBODY is ok with it. (To degrees)....
    Incrementally the generations ARE changing, and propagandists have convinced greater numbers that firearms have less place in our world, and these newly convicted people are raising yet another generation of "guns have no place."
    Anybody that cant see that, in politicians like AOC and her ilk, are either mentally dead, intellectually blind, or lost to the propaganda.

The people on this board who protest the loss of freedom the loudest are between 50 and 70 years of age, and the majority of the following generations do not share the lost values..... because they have been incrementally reduced to accept the changes that are now their norm.

In many police depts the younger generation is the majority now, and IF THEY FEEL THREATENED, they will enforce the codified laws. I see this every day. Growing.
    And I still train them......

It is what it is. That's what I SEE.

I agree with all of this except one thing that may still give you hope. I know plenty of people in their late 20’s to 30’s that are now very real activists for the 2A. They may be few but it gives me some hope that there is a younger generation than me at 38 that understands the importance of the 2A and trust me they see what is going on. The issue is, I don’t know if enough of them take it serious enough to make moves before it’s too late.

Already doing it in Portland Oregon!
    50 of the finest are already gone to make the force more compatible with the totalitarian mayor ted wheeler!

• Angry
    Reactions: maverickasu
    If we loose our guns we loose our freedom and become slaves to those that still have them.....look back at history the only reason we have our freedom is because we are a well armed society, once that is no longer the case we will be ripe for the picking......