• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bren Reloading

Jeffbig

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2022
Oakland
Hey guys,
Is anyone reloading for their Bren? I will be picking mine up within the next two weeks and once I blow through my 1,000 rounds of boxer primed commercial ammo I plan to reload it with 174 gr. FMJ (Privi) bullets and reuse it a few times. I'm thinking I should keep my pressure on the lower end, in the 34,000 / 36,000 CUP range. Any thoughts or experience on this or reloading for the Bren in general?

Hey guys,
Is anyone reloading for their Bren? I will be picking mine up within the next two weeks and once I blow through my 1,000 rounds of boxer primed commercial ammo I plan to reload it with 174 gr. FMJ (Privi) bullets and reuse it a few times. I'm thinking I should keep my pressure on the lower end, in the 34,000 / 36,000 CUP range. Any thoughts or experience on this or reloading for the Bren in general?
May find more info in the Vintage sub forum. One of the better Bren threads and source of folks with experience:

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Hey guys,
Yes. I’ll look up the load tomorrow.

Make sure you use .311-2 bullets! .308 isn’t going to work well.
Sirhr

Just loaded and test fired this load from my MKII

DLpKEYk.jpg

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex