• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bridging the gap?

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Im getting an Eotech 553 and was curious if its bad to beige the optic across the gap between the upper and the rail. I have heard this can cause problems, but though I would ask here to see if anyone has had experience with the aforementioned optic and situation. Im currently running Centurion arms diopter sights so I don't have a lot of room on the upper. If need be I could change sight but id rather not.

Re: Bridging the gap?

Do not put place the optic across the gap between the upper reciever and handguard it would never hold zero!! If you see one mounted that far forward usually is a monolithic upper..Hope this helps

I use a YHM EOTech riser. It's $35 and it will raise the EOTech so you're cowitnessing in the bottom third of the EOTech and you can use it to bridge the gap.

I've put a lot of rounds through my 10.3" SBR and it's held zero.

I use a 553 with an arms sir ( its my older platform ), but if you were using a non-monolithic say a daniel defense i would say YES you can bridge the gap.

thanks for the replies guys I think I'm just join to go ahead and get different irons to run with it as i really don't feel like screwing with something that may or may not work out. The rifle Its going on gets a ton of use and Id rather shoot than tinker.