• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brisket

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Just pulled a 15 pounder out of the oven after 24 hours. . . fork tender.

Now I have about 6 pounds of potatoes and carrots roasting in the pan broth.

nom nom nom nom nom!!!

Re: Brisket

That sounds delicious! I wasn't able to hunt last year because of a PCS move. This next year we will see what I can put in the freezer...

Air mail some on Dry ice to me in Eau Claire, WI!!!

hahaha

I can't wait for spring/summer... thats my BBQ season
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Useless without pics </div></div>

Sorry, Big Guy. I already sliced it and put it in a container. It is funny you mentioned that because I was going to take a pic or two, but didn't.

Next time we will get some shutter time.

A big brisket just out of the oven is beautiful thing.

I guess the ground hog was right about an early spring. The first briskets of the year have sprung.
YUM
Bring on the pork butts!!

My way is not smoked. I use indirect heat on the gas grill with the brisket over the cold side of the grill. I let it go low and slow until it hits an internal temp of 190 degrees. Once it hits that mark, I wrap it in foil and leave it there for another hour.

After that, it's ready to shred. 180 is plenty for sliced brisket in my experience.

This recipe is very similar to mine and so is the method.
nov+2009+bannerf.jpg

http://indirectheat.blogspot.com/2009/10/bbq-brisket.html

I just use a big black smoker a friend sent down to me. It works quite well. I think we are ready to throw down a bit with it too. Got some pork butt, some ribs, a chicken or two, and we just need a good brisket and it will be filled with tasty stuff to eat then freeze for easy nights of good food since Panty 6 works and I do the school thing full time.
The kids are very much in the mood for Dad to sit outside and smoke a cigar while the smoker is burning but we got a nice project awaiting for the 18th for them. The deck is going to be demolished, and a new roofed deck installed from the 21st to the 30th or so, then I think I will be ready to smoke some meat!

Hey switch, I'm thinking some tri tip might be in order. I've taken to smoking it. Since we've left Norcal, it's a delicacy for us now, when I can find it.

ET

NOOOOOO! Tri Tip should only be cooked over a hot searing flame to at most medium rare! To do otherwise is criminal! Of course a failry slower cook over a pit with good wood is nice, but to cook that cut to well done in a smoker is a pure crime!
We get it here once in a while, and when we see it we usually buy the lot. Tri Tip is without a doubt the best cut ever. The flavor kicks ass on ribeye, loin, flat iron, and filet. If we cook 2 - 3 pounds for dinner here, it rarely sees the leftover plate in the fridge. My kids KILL IT!

Got mine a PJ's in Columbus, MS---Melt in your mouth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOOOOOO! Tri Tip should only be cooked over a hot searing flame to at most medium rare! To do otherwise is criminal! Of course a failry slower cook over a pit with good wood is nice, but to cook that cut to well done in a smoker is a pure crime!
We get it here once in a while, and when we see it we usually buy the lot. Tri Tip is without a doubt the best cut ever. The flavor kicks ass on ribeye, loin, flat iron, and filet. If we cook 2 - 3 pounds for dinner here, it rarely sees the leftover plate in the fridge. My kids KILL IT! </div></div>

LOL,

Easy turbo... Never well done. I smoke it at about 225 or so for about 2 1/2 hours, depending on outside temps. Comes out with a nice smoked flavor and ends up just a tad over medium rare. And combined with my coffee/chocolate rub, well the better half and I will typically kill the entire thing along with a good California Cab or Zin. All we need is beast and wine, LOL!

Around here, when I can get it, the tri tips are about 2 pounds. Not like back in Kali were they started at 2 1/2 lbs, but what the heck, at least we can get them sometimes.

ET

Ah, yes! I was just talking to the wifey about busting out the smoker for some ribs. I have 8 racks that have already been trimmed up St. Louis style just waiting for their date with the drum smoker. It's still a bit chilly here in MD, which is a big departure from my year round smoking weather in Monterey, CA. Sometimes I do miss that area of Cali...how strange is that?! I will definitely take some Q-view when I throw down. Now that I have Navy football to watch on Saturdays, tailgating should be amazing!

Josh

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! What time is dinner?

Two great looking pieces of brisket. Enjoy

Progress report 8 hours in at ~ 225-250 degrees grill temp. I'll stick it with the thermometer in a couple hours to see what's what. Nearly ten pounds should take 11 -12 hours at that temp.;

Brisket3-06III.jpg