• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Bristle Weed

brutus1776

Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
backcountry, TN line
i was just informed by tactical concealment they discontinued bristle weed for good. anyone have a source for it, as in another distributor of tactical concealment stuff that has some in stock? anyone know what fiber it is was made out of?? any substitutes?

Re: Bristle Weed

thats the stuff. i actually emailed them as well as two other dealers to make sure it was in stock before i order (and have to deal with getting my money back if they are out) but received no responses. guess im going to have to call

Re: Bristle Weed

I use hemp, manila and sisal. They all come as rope, which i unravel...like so...different diameters of rope yield a wide variety of textures, depending on how much unraveling you do:
Picture11.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture12.jpg

an example of a hood (from the top)before trimming and wash...lots of texture very similar to actual grass here in central missouri standing straight up and swaying in the breeze:
Picture9.jpg