• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bro, Do you even load?

MikeD987

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2013
Waco, Texas
Do you even load.jpg

I thought I'd share what I was thinking in my head the other day.

Maybe a comma after "Of course I do," ? I never made it past the 8th grade so I'm a little uneducated. :(
[MENTION=91230]JW21[/MENTION] Lets turn this into a show your bench thread and everyone show their set up. I'm curious too!

Last edited:
Maybe a comma after "Of course I do," ? I never made it past the 8th grade so I'm a little uneducated. :(
[MENTION=91230]JW21[/MENTION] Lets turn this into a show your bench thread and everyone show their set up. I'm curious too!

Hell yeah!! I'll post pics tomorrow

I'm pretty new to reloading brass too. It's a Progressive Shotshell reloader called "The Grand"
[MENTION=87282]kyhuntclub[/MENTION] Nice amount of powder you got.

Last edited:
I'm pretty new to reloading brass too. It's a Progressive Shotshell reloader called "The Grand"
[MENTION=87282]kyhuntclub[/MENTION] Nice amount of powder you got.

Thx, I should have opened the closet and took a picture. In there is the end of the world stash.

Organized chaos. It might be messy, but I bet you know exactly where everything is on your bench! :)

well, its more like the general area of where it should be located. If I could keep my father from constantly adding to it and out of it I would be ok. However I wouldnt change my arrangement. I like his interest.

I can't wait for work to be over so I can put up some pics! Good stuff guys, Keep em coming!

Here is an older pic of mine. Changed the lights and a few other things but basically its the same. The vise detaches so I can use the whole bench if needed and I keep the majority of my supplies and loaded rounds in a large 18 bin wall locker that you can barely see on the left of the photo.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    656.2 KB · Views: 16
Here is an older pic of mine. Changed the lights and a few other things but basically its the same. The vise detaches so I can use the whole bench if needed and I keep the majority of my supplies and loaded rounds in a large 18 bin wall locker that you can barely see on the left of the photo.

Clean set up! Did you get your bench as a kit or build it custom?

I purchased the leg kit: 2 x 4 Basics and then went down to the local Lowes and picked up the wood. The bench is 3' deep and 8' wide but you can make it any size you want. I really should clean it up a little and take a better pic

Last edited:
Some very nice setups in here. Need to put myself together something nice when I purchase a new long range toy.

I purchased the leg kit: 2 x 4 Basics and then went down to the local Lowes and picked up the wood. The bench is 3' deep and 8' wide but you can make it any size you want. I really should clean it up a little and take a better pic

Wish I knew about those leg kits before I built mine lol. I used 2 2x4s screwed together for my legs, but I'm happy the way it turned out.

I would be embarrassed to post a picture, I have plenty of everything just no room to put it all, my/wife's closet has more than half of here clothes and all my primers bullets and powders taking up the rest of the room, my bench looks like a cabelas reloading section exploded on top of it! Gotta do with whatcha got

No Shame Bob you make do with what you have. Yeah, Well it looks like I'm going to to need more space as well my one bench won't fit everything. My friend responded to me on facebook with his set up 1966144_10151967853833240_204786243_o.jpg

I would love to have a dedicated gun/ reloading room instead I load in the corner of the living room where my press is mounted and serves as a out of place decoration when people are over, benefit is the wife can't get pissed when she is watching a bullshit show and I escape to my reloading section and I consider it spending time together!!! Keyword in the last sentence I

Bob, I must have married her sister. I'm in the same boat. Used to have my spot down in my shop. Nice and quiet! for 26 yrs. She always bitc---- about how I'd disappear. Finally got permission to move in, after I fell off a ladder, Broke both feet, and wound up in a wheel chair with nothing to do. So now I'm finally in the house, and don't really mind the "chick flicks". Hell, I pumped out 400 resized 308s, during the Oscars! I've given up on the gun cabinet. " It won't go with the décor".
I would love to have a dedicated gun/ reloading room instead I load in the corner of the living room where my press is mounted and serves as a out of place decoration when people are over, benefit is the wife can't get pissed when she is watching a bullshit show and I escape to my reloading section and I consider it spending time together!!! Keyword in the last sentence I

This is my loading/work bench. I'm pretty new to reloading so I don't have an awesome multi-stage press like many here but me and Chuck' get along just fine.

The bench was originally tac-welded together at my factory; the electricians threw it together as a temporary thing to work on. At first, the top wasn't even a rectangle, I angle-ground the odd bit off so it would be shaped like a rectangle. I found a scrap metal bar to go with it and took them to a friend who welded it up right and added the lower supports. The same friend also lent me his drill press with a magnetic base to drill the holes for the vise and the press. After using it for a while it started to get some rust spots so I gave them a light sanding and painted it. The Masonite wood on top really helps if you spill and powder or anything. It absorbs spilled oils and such. I also have a cheap magnetic kitchen knife rack to hold onto tiny springs and tools on it. I hope you didn't miss my kickin' sound system.

Attachments

• Painted Bench.JPG
    Painted Bench.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 15
  • Bench.JPG
    Bench.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 20
This is my loading/work bench. I'm pretty new to reloading so I don't have an awesome multi-stage press like many here but me and Chuck' get along just fine.

The bench was originally tac-welded together at my factory; the electricians threw it together as a temporary thing to work on. At first, the top wasn't even a rectangle, I angle-ground the odd bit off so it would be shaped like a rectangle. I found a scrap metal bar to go with it and took them to a friend who welded it up right and added the lower supports. The same friend also lent me his drill press with a magnetic base to drill the holes for the vise and the press. After using it for a while it started to get some rust spots so I gave them a light sanding and painted it. The Masonite wood on top really helps if you spill and powder or anything. It absorbs spilled oils and such. I also have a cheap magnetic kitchen knife rack to hold onto tiny springs and tools on it. I hope you didn't miss my kickin' sound system.

Sometimes simple is better. My little lee has been my best friend for a while, and I still use it on a regular basis.

I cant put anything else on this bench. If I buy another press I will have to build another bench. Hell ill have to build another room. To the left of this I have a 18" deep x 4' wide shelf that has powder, bullets and loaded ammo. Got a locker I keep primers in. So far the Chargemaster has shown no ill signs of bad throws sitting under the circuit breaker panel. I always calibrate it and check every 10th load on a beam scale.