• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broke my RCBS hand primer......

218bee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
Hudson Valley, NY
This is an older Posi-Prime unit, without the primer tray.....I called RCBS and it's discontinued with no parts left....Anyone have a spare (either whole, or just the lever) they'd part with?

Thanks all..

218bee

Re: Broke my RCBS hand primer......

They didn't offer to replace it with a new one?

Nope....Had to wait about 1/2 hour to talk to a human.....but that human was very nice.....Told me about some specials they had going on....thats about it....

218bee

First let me say; Sorry I can't help out with parts.

I use a Lee hand primer. Over my years shooting USPSA I think I broke two. They work well for me, they are cheap, toss 'em and get another when they are gone.

wow

sorry to hear and I dont have parts either but its a free bump for you... But I have to give RCBS 2 thumbs up on there customer service.. some of the best I have ever seen.. Wish thay could have helped you.

I think I had the same one and it broke the area around the shell holder. Same deal, they were great to talk to but I didn't have any luck on being offered a replacement. I bought the hand primer with the side tray PITA is all I'll say. Looking at the bench model with the tubes.

You might try them again and be a little more asertive, I recently bought an ammomaster and was told it had a 1-1/4 threaded top plate by rcbs pesonel, well it did not. The guy I called started to blow me off so I pushed him a little and he agreed to send me a new top plate. It seems they are not as easy to get replacement parts as as they used to be. My buddy needed a replacement decapping rod for 308, they charged him for it, they never did that to me before.

Sign of the times. I've alway had good luck dealing with RCBS, hope they keep in mind that their customer service is what keeps a lot of shooters coming back. Buyer's can get lousy service anywhere, if you want repete customers you have to stand above the rest.

i just got off the phone with them after the expander head in my decapping die was left inside one of my cartridges. it pulled all the threads right off. they are sending me the whole new unit...im impressed, it was 30 seconds on the phone and done

I wore my first one out where it got notchy in the the mechanism and they replaced the main part no charge.

I'd call back and see if someone else offers to replace it.

I had 2 of them brake on me . They sent me a new one about 6 yrs ago . The other one only lasted 1 or 2 years . I bought the one from Sinclairs a few years back . I am sure I will never have it brake . Now I almost always prime on my Forster press - it is faster and wont seat primers deeper than about .006 below flush . RCBS has a lifetime guarantee , I am pretty sure they would send you another one if you told them to .

david

I would buy a Sinclair. They are a bit pricey but I don't think you will ever wear one out.