• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Broke the safety lever off of my 40x trigger

bjordan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2010
Siler City, NC
I didn't put the safety lever in the safety position when I was removing the pins trying to remove my 40x trigger. Next thing you know as I was knocking one of the pins out is my safety goes flying across the room. I can't seem to find any replacement parts but it looks like I could have it Silver Soldered? It broke where it straightens out right before it has the hole in it if that makes any sense. Is there any better way to repair this or does anyone know where you can get replacement parts? Thanks In advance.

Re: Broke the safety lever off of my 40x trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have an extra safety laying around I can send. Let me check today.

Mark </div></div>

That would be awesome. Let me know please.

i have one off a old Remington trigger i can send if mark doesn't have one.

Are all the safety levers the same? I looked at the regular trigger on my 700bdl and it was different than the one I broke on my 40x trigger. I'll try and find a pic. My trigger lever looks identical to the one in the picture in this link. The picture is labeled xr-100. http://www.erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i152.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calibur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have one off a old Remington trigger i can send if mark doesn't have one. </div></div>

That would be great. I will let you know what Mark finds when he pm's me back. I'm really enjoying learning so much from this site, and all the generous members here are really awesome!