• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Broken Ejector on M700

grunt0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2008
OH
I went to the range and was shooting my M40a3. After shooting about 20 rounds through it the ejector got stuck in the bolt and wont eject the round from the gun. Does anyone know how to get the stuck ejector out so it works properly? If need be I can take a pic.

Thanks

Re: Broken Ejector on M700

Your ejector is most likely stuck because it has debris (usually brass shaved off case heads). You need to clean it up with some Gun Scrubber or carb cleaner (non tet). if it needs taken apart SInclair makes a nice tool for the job.

Yes it does need taken apart. I have cleaned the bolt and got all debris from it which is what I usually do after I shoot. I have taken the ejector pin out and tried to get it out but without luck. Do you have a link for that Sinclair tool?

probably dirt inside_ bolt head in petroleum,and try to clean with some compressed air blow_ if don't work, drive out the retaining pin:inside,under the ejector,it's a spring_caution about throwin' spring and ejector in the next country_place a rag above to avoid the launch_ petroleum again,in the same way as above,and again compressed air blows:ejector and spring,now free of the retaining pin, should jump outside_ clean all_

I have a similiar tool to that. I drive the pin out and its still stuck in there. I have tried to soak it in some WD40 and didnt work. Its still stuck in there even without the pin being in.

Ill have to try that. I dont have a compressor here so Ill have to take it to work and try it there.

the air ,if strong enough,will utterly compress the ejector,finding a way inside,rebounding inside and expelling the ejector_if the spring will remain inside,can be xtracted with a paper clip_worked on my 700 _ good luck!

You can try a very small punch and tap lightly on the face of ejector. Once it starts working back and forth it will pop right out.

Geargrinder I just tried that with a small punch and it worked. Now I just have to clean it out and put it together.

Thanks for the help.