• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broken extractor help

snakebyte922

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Texas
I just received my GA percision built on a Remington 700 short action magnum in 300 wsm. I went to the range on Saturday did the proper barrel break in and on about round 60 rds down the tube I couldn't close the bolt. And I found my extractor broken in the chamber. After further research I have found that I need to have a m16 style extractor installed in my opinion. Since my hunting trip is in 2 weeks I have no choice but to repair it for the time being. My question is how do I know which extractor to buy? Is there a magnum style extractor or is the large bore for .308 and 30-06 the one I use and do i use riveted or non-riveted new style. Any help would be much appreciated

So your looking to just replace the stock extractor?

Brownell should have them, yes there is a special magnum extractor.

Take a picture and post it.

Edit, or call GAP, they should know, might even send you a new extractor.

Is your bolt sticky, or are you shooting hot reloads? Just asking because there might be something going on that caused it to break. Brownells should have them in stock. Buy several and replace them at regular intervals as routine maintenance. They can be replaced in the field in just a few seconds. There are youtube videos on it. Your action should use the non riveted as it is a newer receiver. In my bag I carry an extra extractor and a dental pick to change it with.

Update: it is the revit style and the revit and a small piece of the extractor is still there and I can't for the life of me get it out!!!!!!