• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Broken Unertl mounting screw

Segami2121

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2020
Hi everyone, Well I did a stupid thing and accidentally snapped the mounting screw to my original Unertl 8X scope rear mount. Does anyone have any ideas on replacing this mount screw? or is the screw part of the mount itself I do not see how it detaches from the mount. I was trying to remove the scope from my Winchester 70 and turned the screw just a bit too much and it snapped leaving part of the thread in the mount. I really hope I did not make the worst mistake in my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    844.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    914.2 KB · Views: 69
Well you may have some fun getting that threaded part out of there, but it shouldn't really be under much tension. Otherwise you'll just need a new screw.

Not the end of the world either way, you can find mounts for them.

ETA: I'll look at mine tonight if I remember and see how it works again, not sure if the knob is a screw or if the male threaded part is fixed to the base and the knob is a nut. Either way once you get the threaded piece out it'll be a simple replacement.

Reactions: FatBoy
It’s ruined. You should sell the whole kit to me for pennies on the dollar ;)

Seriously though, it not a big deal. Call here and see what you need: