• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broken Vectronix Terrapin help

the bear144

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
So I took my trusty Vectronix Terrapin out yesterday to the range and was crushed to find out that the laser has become misaligned with the reticle. As I'm sure most of you know this is a wonderful little unit but have heard of nothing but horror stories about dealing with Vectronix in the event that any issues come up. For example I lost the rubber eye cup a few years ago and spent weeks just trying to get a response from the company with zero luck.

My question is does anyone know of a independent place that could fix the misalignment? Has anyone done it themselves? Or have any of you had any luck getting Vectronix to talk to you or helping with repairs?

I'm hopeful I can get it fixed, it's been so rock solid. I realize they have a new upgraded unit for sale bit I would have a hard time shelling out another pile of $$$ to a company who in my experience offers zero support after the sale.

Good luck. I’ll be interested to hear if anything changed, but as mentioned I think you’ve got a paperweight. Sorry bud.
Maybe if it’s not too badly misaligned you can map it out and live with it that way.

I tried Euro Optics today, they are who I bought the unit from. Talked with two different people. Both couldn't offer any advice or help. Basically told me I have a 2k paperweight now.

I tried Euro Optics today, they are who I bought the unit from. Talked with two different people. Both couldn't offer any advice or help. Basically told me I have a 2k paperweight now.

That’s the unfortunate reality. Vectronix makes some awesome stuff but they are shitty to deal with and won’t service anything for civilians. I’ve had a couple Terrapins, a PLRF15 and a Vector 21 and they were great and I never had any issues but I don’t think I’d buy their stuff again because you’re fucked if they ever go tits up unless you have them insured.

I've read as a general rule they charge an $800 fee to troubleshoot, and then it could be $1200 on up to fix.

I've read as a general rule they charge an $800 fee to troubleshoot, and then it could be $1200 on up to fix.
I have read the same as far as there prices are concerned for any repairs. I tried a few years back to get a replacement rubber eye peice from them. I called every number I could find, emailed every email I could find never once had a response back from them.

This is why I refuse to buy a Terrapin X,Y,Z ever again. Pisses me of that they would sell these “great” products at a huge premium and then say sorry, not sorry if there’s ever an issue. Fuck them.

Reactions: toader and MJC
Update, sorry this took so long. I got ahold of the rep mentioned above. I'm still in shock and it took a bit to work out the details but I'm happy to announce vectronix replaced my old terripin with a new terripin x free of charge via there us distributor eurooptic. So nice to see them taking care of there consumer level customers!

Glad you were taken care of buddy.

I suspect this will be a generational thing. People who weren't around for the 'fuck you' a lot of us got back in the day will be just fine and comfortable with their relationship with the company moving forward.

Those of us that were, probably not so much.

I was shocked. I remember how impossible they were years ago when I tried to get a rubber eye cup from them unsuccessfully.

Update, sorry this took so long. I got ahold of the rep mentioned above. I'm still in shock and it took a bit to work out the details but I'm happy to announce vectronix replaced my old terripin with a new terripin x free of charge via there us distributor eurooptic. So nice to see them taking care of there consumer level customers!

Good for you.

I appreciate this old thread and contact info......I need to get a PLRF 15 repaired ( expecting to pay) and hopeful that I can get in contact with the right folks.

Wish me luck!