• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BROWE ACOG Nemesis

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Testing the new BROWE (BCO) 4X32 thought I would show and tell a Little as I go here.
In my Opinion BROWE is the Nemesis to the ACOG, Improved Design maybe ? Built from CP-2(MGT) Military Grade Titanium, stronger material needed or not.? weight is 17oz with battery. mounting the BROWE to the Rail ARMS-17 Mount with the new ADJUSTABLE lever system, its Functional and a LARGE improvement, LARUE has the same footprint Replacement mount, spacers used with the ARMS17 M68 30mm RING for AIMPOINT will work with the BROWE, You can space it up or use the Cantelever Spacer to jump it back for closer eye relief which is 1.5" Not a Improvement over the ACOG.
Glass reminds me of the ACOG QUALITY of GLASS and Coatings. Scope adjustment use Nickel wide slots this is not a Improvement over Acog they should have used Turrets like the latest ACOGS do! Adjustment of the BROWE was precise and exact .5MOA at 100m and positive audible CLICK, no Problems zeroing. BDC on mine is 5.56 there is also a 7.62 Model, the 5.56 reticule is ACOG like chevron using Tip at ZERO point at 100m, BDC is TA31 Clone for 62Gr NATO from M4 Carbine.

Illumination is Electronic Auto and manual Control, ten day and three night Vision settings using one PUSH button on the left side. Power by 123 Battery and 2000 hours avg. min 720hrs on MAX. run time, I have No problem with the battery power over Fiber optics or Tritium of the ACOG.The BROWE will work without a battery the reticule is like any other. Browe Illumination is easy to use and has BAC brightness SUN up, no PROBLEM! The target Light Sensor in the optical Light path measures light automatically and adjust the Illumination to the Lighting conditions as needed, ACOG like, But you cant Turn the BROWE OFF if you do not want Illumination. it has #SIC Button# one press is auto mode and second press is manual mode.there is a sealed port cover that allows access to programmable VIA interface with updates or reprogramming or in the access port you have the option to use manual tap switch to control the Functions also. After two Hours of no movement the BROWE goes to sleep and powers up when Vibrations #movement# are detected and the Clock restarts. The front of the BROWE is threaded and allows options for Dust Covers Kill Flash LASER FILTERS, the rear is machined with a grove to allow more options to mount stuff. There are two THREAD BOSS on the top with screws that allow mounting option for MRD.

I like it so far, But the Night is Young! Will keep you all posted!

FYI The DBAL-D2 is still kicking and ZERO issue with it to date.

Rain Fog and Mud, this is My world !
grin.gif

browe013.jpg

browe014.jpg

browe015.jpg

browe016.jpg

browe010.jpg

browe005.jpg

browe006.jpg

browe004.jpg

468 yards BDC was close enough to tag this plate!

browe003.jpg

browe011.jpg

600 yards useing the 600m meter BDC I held center of plate holding wind off the left side.

Re: BROWE

Well, I was just doing Field test at this Time,But here MSRP price and options can be seen BROWE .I was sent this sample to check out and see if it was something we may want to carry. I am just giveing my thoughts on what I think, It better be tough is all I have to say.
grin.gif

You see one you want a Price On let me know and I will find out what we can do.There advertised aound the WWW for under $1200.00

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price? </div></div>

I have worked with the Day Time shooting and did not mess much with the Illumination or AUTO mode much at all, I just played with the manual side. after I posted this thread I turned the BROWE on AUTO and started using the BAC capability.AUTO mode is Bad ass! BROWE adjust fast to the Light conditions, not to bright or Dim yet. When I ran the Gun Light in the house the Brightness would kick it up when I turned the light on same thing in the Yard! This is a Improvement Over ACOG Tritium and Fiber optic. Its on AUTO now and SUN up I am going to see how it looks in the daylight vs ACOG TA31F.

Very interesting...former director of operations for Trijicon...

Like the auto illumination concept,

BUT: why-o-why the ARMS mount...
frown.gif
and, 1.5" eye relief? I'd have thought with his background the eye relief would have been more in the 2" + range a'la the TA11...

Edit: I do see that they offer a Larue mount as an option so that takes care of one objection.

I would guess the Prallax free BDC may need short set relief to work ? TA11 is 3.5X, less mag seems to give more relief with these type optics. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very interesting...former director of operations for Trijicon...

Like the auto illumination concept,

BUT: why-o-why the ARMS mount...
frown.gif
and, 1.5" eye relief? I'd have thought with his background the eye relief would have been more in the 2" + range a'la the TA11...

Edit: I do see that they offer a Larue mount as an option so that takes care of one objection. </div></div>

Thanks for the review. I'm just kind of on the fence about this one, though. For the same price I can get a tritium/fiber optic powered ACOG that has the same reticle, same eye relief (which frankly kind of sucks, I moved on from ACOGs to Elcans a while back because of it), but now needs me to feed it CR123s?

Your most welcome ! ACOG is also jumping on board with the 123 BATTERY model, only Long term use will tell all we need to know about the BROWE..
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the review. I'm just kind of on the fence about this one, though. For the same price I can get a tritium/fiber optic powered ACOG that has the same reticle, same eye relief (which frankly kind of sucks, I moved on from ACOGs to Elcans a while back because of it), but now needs me to feed it CR123s?

</div></div>

BROWE with Piggy back ASM1-PVS14/UN-FILMED

<span style="font-size: 20pt">ILL off</span>
browe002.jpg

<span style="font-size: 20pt">ILL ON Lowest NV setting, this must be set for a clip on its just to bright for any rear mounted NV.WTF
NV ILL IS FAIL.</span>
browe007.jpg

Thanks for your review. I am also on the fence as I am in the market for an optic for my .308 battle rifle. I actually wish they offered a reticule similar to their 300 blackout version......and as mentioned earlier an extended eye relief would have been nice.

Tapatalk2

Frankie - am I correct that with a PVS with the illum off the reticle (looks like a black dot) is still visible?

Also how are you mounting the PVS14 to it?

TIA

Last edited: