• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UgashikBob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
Outlet Lower Ugashik Lake AK
This is the sow and three cubs I posted shots of in my Sockeye thread. The grass was so tall on this knoll I think she was having a problem locating all of her cubs. A little over 800 yards from my front deck. I had the camera/tripod facing into a 40 mph wind and I was surprised to get any detail at all.
07072011-3.jpg

07072011-2.jpg

07072011-1.jpg

Re: Brown Bear

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I am hoping to make it out that way sometime this year.

Nice pics, that is a good distance to be when she is around with those little guys in tow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always enjoy seeing your pictures. Thanks! </div></div>

+ 100

Bob you thought about guiding a hunt ever? We had a trip planned for Caribou but that fell through, sounds like we are going to stay in Western US this fall but Alaska is still on the brain. last time I looked Brown bear tags were $500 for nonresidents...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UgashikBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G7:
A guide for Brown Bear up here is 20k+ </div></div>
And the good guides are booked for 3 or more years out. Alaskan brown bear hunts are pretty cost prohibitive for non residents. Quality pictures once again Bob.

Very nice pics, I was amazed how much more it is to hunt as a non resident. When I lived there as a resident you could hunt everything from moose to black bear with a $25 dollar license fee. If you are a non-resident ADF&G has a price schedule for each species you plan on hunting and a lot of them require a mandatory certified guide. AND IT IS NOT CHEAP