• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brownell’s Match Optic

looks like another OEM from LOW.
at that price point probably a pretty good value, at least based on my experience with optics built by LOW.

source:

With an activejunky subscription and brownells near-constant 10% codes, you can pretty much count on 14% off these. AJ has offered as much as 7% back previously. Add an LEO, MIL, or Dealer account, and brownells prices start to get pretty good, bordering on absurd, on some things

"N-OMR (Non-Obscuring Milling Reticle)"

Someone has a sense of humor.

Cov5.png
Cov5.pngI know they are not the same scope. The Cabela's lacks illumination and the covered windage. I think it's the slanted grooves that are used on the turrets and mag ring that make me see a similarity.

Interested to see FOV numbers.

and NON obscuring? ur kidding right? that double line retc is horrible lol.

36oz also seems excessive. Price is right. Looking forward to reviews.

Regards,
DT

Reactions: tbob38
Interested to see FOV numbers.

and NON obscuring? ur kidding right? that double line retc is horrible lol.
While I see your point, it's an interesting approach that they're taking... I would guess that their reasoning is that they want the reticle to be usable towards the lower end of the magnification range (always a trick with FFP optics), which requires thicker lines. However, towards the top of the magnification range, those thicker lines obscure portions of the target. Their solution of using "hollowed out" thick lines seems to be an effort to "split the baby" such that the reticle is useful throughout the entirety of the magnification range. Is it a compromise? Certainly. Will it work in the field? I'm not sure, to be honest, but I absolutely applaud their attempt to try something somewhat innovative in this regard.

In any event, I too am excited to see some feedback from folks who get their hands on these optics... and I have to wonder if the price point is kind of like we saw with the Howa barreled actions sometime back; basically a low price on initial offering to generate buzz and get units into the hands of folks that will talk about them, then a price adjustment to where they really want to be. Depending on the quality of the glass, controls, etc..., it really wouldn't surprise me to see these things on initial offer at $1k, then a few months later jump up to $1300-$1500 after there's some user feedback available on the quality, features, etc...

Not convinced yet, Brownell should stick to making rifles.

Not convinced yet, Brownell should stick to making rifles.

Brownell's is a parts supplier are you thinking of Browning? Besides, Sig makes good scopes and they were a gun manufacturer. These seem great for 1k. I don't worry about companies branching out if they do it correctly.

Brownell's is a parts supplier are you thinking of Browning? Besides, Sig makes good scopes and they were a gun manufacturer. These seem great for 1k. I don't worry about companies branching out if they do it correctly.
Totally, you caught me over thinking. Yes Sig makes some good scope for offer price and very goof reticle but you can't compare mainstream scope makers with what sig is introducing to the market.

Personally I’m pretty excited about these optics. All these companies coming out with quality optics in the $900-1200 range has been fantastic for guys in my situation. I have a relatively young family and while I would love to put a S&B on every rifle I own it just isn’t in the cards. All these new optics make it possible for me to put a quality optic on my rifle without breaking the bank. I have also had really good luck buying from Brownell and order from them fairly frequently. One of these new scopes they are offerening will defiantly be on my short list for my next optic.

As enichols said it is unavailable for backorder right now. Here is a heads up though. If it does come available for backorder and you backorder an item from Brownell with a 10% off coupon code if the code isn’t still valid when the item comes back in stock you don’t get the 10% off. At least this has been my experience. Most of the time when this has happened to me it was only a few dollars but $100 difference on a scope would be a bit of a surprise.

As enichols said it is unavailable for backorder right now. Here is a heads up though. If it does come available for backorder and you backorder an item from Brownell with a 10% off coupon code if the code isn’t still valid when the item comes back in stock you don’t get the 10% off. At least this has been my experience. Most of the time when this has happened to me it was only a few dollars but $100 difference on a scope would be a bit of a surprise.
That's because you only ordered one thing. Buy two or more (price grater than the 10% savings) and you get it on the non-back ordered item. I know, it's weird. JME

Actually I ordered quite a few items. Probably 12-15. If I remember correctly some of the bullets I ordered were backordered. Maybe it was a mistake or maybe it was because the type of product I ordered. The same thing happened to a friend of mine to though. Like I said I wasn’t all that concerned about it. The order was over $500 and the backordered portion only made up about $60 of it. It might be worth sending their CS an email to clarify before you placed a $1k order anticipating a 10% discount though. I guess my point is not to assume you will get a discount on a backordered item. Hopefully bringing it up here will save someone else some headache. Brownell has been a great company to deal with and in general if they have the item I’m looking for I order it there. With the frequent discounts they offer along with their already competitive pricing I always feel like I get a pretty good deal. Their shipping is always fast too which can not be said for some of the other vendors out there.

Actually I ordered quite a few items. Probably 12-15. If I remember correctly some of the bullets I ordered were backordered. Maybe it was a mistake or maybe it was because the type of product I ordered. The same thing happened to a friend of mine to though. Like I said I wasn’t all that concerned about it. The order was over $500 and the backordered portion only made up about $60 of it. It might be worth sending their CS an email to clarify before you placed a $1k order anticipating a 10% discount though. I guess my point is not to assume you will get a discount on a backordered item. Hopefully bringing it up here will save someone else some headache. Brownell has been a great company to deal with and in general if they have the item I’m looking for I order it there. With the frequent discounts they offer along with their already competitive pricing I always feel like I get a pretty good deal. Their shipping is always fast too which can not be said for some of the other vendors out there.

I ordered an AMP annealer from Brownell's and had to wait 4 months for it, they still honored the 10% off promo code I used with no issues and it was the only item on the order.

Any make it into the wild yet or still waiting?