• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brownells/Sinclair = Class Act

schiaa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
Minneapolis Metro, MN
I was suprised and delighted to receive a personalized letter from Frank Brownell today. I bought a NF NXS 5.5-22 Hi-Rev last week for about 1800 dollars. I had nothing against Sport Optics or Liberty Optics or Bear Basin or Long Range Supply or ....

I simply decided to buy from Brownells (Sinclair) because they have all those great catalogs and so much stuff.

Frank thanked me for the purchase. He used words like delightful and gratifying. The letter is a simple thing, but is not common. I've spent about $4500 in the past two years putting together my new rifle, and Brownells was the first company to literally say "Thank you".

I guess you can call me a proud unpaid supporter.

Re: Brownells/Sinclair = Class Act

I got the same letter after buying a Surgeon action. I actually have it on my desk almost a year later. I keep it there to remind me how to treat customers.

Coming from a customer service background, that is impressive. I just ordered a rifle stock from them tonight, they were the only ones to have that one in stock right now. While I normally am a Midway customer for my reloading supplies, I will be taking a look at Brownells before odering from now on. Isn't it amazing how good the customer service is in shooting community? We have quite a few companies here on the hide that actually care enough to answer questions and solve problems in person. Optics, custom builders, dbm, ring, and rail manufacturers, we're covered. Bravo folks.

Im a massive fan of Sinclairs, and yes you are correct, going that little extra way to get in touch with a customer is fantastic and does wonders.

Midway are you listening !!!

Midway.....
mad.gif
As TJ says, if they are the same in the US as they are in the UK, heaven help you.

I live 30 miles from the warehouse here. I placed an order for two items on 1st December. The delivery was yesterday. Half the shipment was missing. I contacted them....."Sorry, our mistake, we'll send the missing bit" - quoted another 10 days! Being Christmas, if they can do that I'd be very surprised!!

Whenever I buy from Brownells and Sinclair (even if it is parts that require an End User Declaration) they are always shipped punctually and without problems. delivery to the UK is usually around 10 days from the time of order.

And they are one of the few companies in the US that I have dealt with that will help non-US buyers with any export paperwork!

Brownells, Sinclair.....great guys!

I always try and buy from Brownells when I can. First class outfit, I like their policy of not charging shipping for items that are not in stock at the time of order; such items are shipped later.

I received a thank you letter as well for a large purchase. The wife didn't enjoy the letter as much as I did
mad.gif
I do almost all my purchases through Brownells.

The Brownells are great people even if you are not a customer. Years ago I put a storm sewer job in at their building in Montezuma, Ia, and rented a trailer from them out on the lake to house my crew in town while doing the project. They were great folks and very kind to us.

I have ordered from Sinclair, Midway and Brownells and all of my experiences with them have always been great. I have had a few occasions with Midway where the UPS guys were a little hard on my boxes and have had small items missing. Called up Midway and they took care of it on the spot. Their CS guys are sharp though, when these incidents happened they always asked if I wanted to order something else since they were going to cover shipping, those bastards.
smile.gif

Little story about Brownells:
Had to get a bunch of bore brushes and figured that I would get them from Brownells since their brushes are the best (IMO) and they sell in three packs, so I would have plenty of spares. Also figured since I was going to the trouble with bore brushes I would get a few more cleaning supplies that I had been putting off for a while. Went through the list of brushes that have, both pistol and rifle, bronze and nylon. By the time I was done I had ordered every brush they made (I have way to many guns). It had ended up being a pretty sizable order, about $750 as I recall. Anyway the next day one of their reps called me and said that they did not have my <span style="font-weight: bold">BUSINESS</span> on file with them and they wanted to get this straightened out so I was only paying wholesale instead of retail. Had to be honest with them and tell them that I was just a retail customer who had a lot guns. They gave me 15% discount anyway. Way above and beyond in my opinion.

Amazing that so many companies have not figured out that customer service brings repeat business, I'll support a company that has treated me well, over just having best price.