• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Browning 725 vs Fabarm Elos D2

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Just curious...I have a hankering for an Over/Under. Does anybody have experience with both of these? Randy Wakeman is really high on Fabarm, and I suppose I could drive down to Orvis (in 'Bama) and make a fool out of myself. Problem for me on any shotgun is usually LOP.

Just curious. Not looking to buy in the near future, but maybe sometime. I'd be doing a 20ga in the O/U.

Thanks.

I have a Fabarm Elos B in 20 gauge and love it. Beautiful gun, fits me perfectly, and performs flawlessly. I’ve never been a Browning guy for some reason so can’t speak to the 725. Think you will be happy with the Fabarm.

Played with both and have been pondering the same.
I have an acquaintance that is a coach, a state champion trap shooter and has competed on what ever national level shotgunning has. He’s been a life long Browning guy and his opinion is that Fabarms is on a completely different level than Browning. Especially when it comes to longevity. FWIW

Have the Fabarm. Tried both of them before I bought it and went with Fabarm. It’s a fantastic sporting clays fun and I’m happier with it as opposed to a Browning 725

It'll likely come down to LOP for me as my arms are not long. 13.75 would be perfect, even 14, but 14.5 is a bit long. Reckon I'll drive to Orvis down Sylacauga and test drive one (and make a fool of myself). Been way too long since I've done any clay birds; and unlike my grandfather I cannot pick up any shotgun and blast 100/100 (or more). Not sure how he did it, but Granddad was a certifiable genius on moving targets (as in shooting mothballs with a 22 Browning as a passing shot!! I am still trying to figure that out). Whatever, I didn't inherit the gift.

My dad did inherit that gift to some extent...even mostly blind in one eye (dominant) he could still group pistol shots at 15 yards in a 3" circle with a DAO revolver at 80 years old..WHY DIDN'T I INHERIT THIS????????????????????? GRRR :) :).

Played with both and have been pondering the same.
I have an acquaintance that is a coach, a state champion trap shooter and has competed on what ever national level shotgunning has. He’s been a life long Browning guy and his opinion is that Fabarms is on a completely different level than Browning. Especially when it comes to longevity. FWIW
So the Fabarm is on a different level. As in better than the Browning or worse?

I would shoot both, they point differently. I went 725 sporting since with that one I rarely missed with. Gun fit is by far the most important.

Changing LOP is nothing to be concerned with. Any good shotgun gunsmith can cut or ad to a stock.
While your at it, have him install an adjustable pad. I always get an adjustable comb too.

I've handled the 725 and it doesn't feel good to me, it lacks the balance and fit of other guns. I've not picked up a Fabarm so I'm not sure how the two compare, but the O/U holding my heart for the past few years is the Benelli 828U, it feels like heaven in my hands and points and swings like a dream. Only problem is you want a 20 and its only offered in a 12. You should pick it up and see how it feels for you. Some people don't like the way it looks; I got past that the first time I shouldered one. Good luck with your choice.

Experience with both, shot a 725 Skeet for 12 months and put nearly 20,000 rounds thru it. Not a single hiccup. Buddy went with the Fabarm. About 5 months in, it started doubling. Went back to Fabarm for repairs, and then was sold to purchase a Blaser.

My 725 became a loner gun to new shooters, and I now shoot a K80. I’ve owned 5 other Browning’s prior to the purchase of the 725. (Been shooting skeet since 95)

Long story short, u can’t go wrong with the 725, I recommend them to the new guy who’s looking for that mid cost entry O/U.

In the end fondle both, pick one, and send it to a reputable Smith for adjustable butt plate and comb.

The positive about the Orvis Fabarm is that it's got a lifetime guarantee on "like or not like" - some deal like that. Not sure if Orvis has the 725 for sale and finding a place that has both may be difficult. I know when the Cynergy first came out it seemed to fit me perfectly; but had that funky recoil pad that scared most folks off. I'm not exactly a newbie though, I was duck hunting with gun at 5 (I won't say how many decades that was nor will I put it in decimal centruries...LOL ). But the last 10 years there have not been any clays games near me - still are not really, CMP is closest I think. Granted, I doubt I've shot 20K rounds of shotgun in my life. Let alone on one gun.

I've never heard of a Fabarm but I have a Citori 725 sporting that I think is fantastic. I go between wanting to shoot it or my Benelli m2 depending on what I want to practice with when shoot clays. The Citori 725 sporting has some mass to it making it very comfortable to shoot. I've shot some very expensive rental guns shooting clays and most weren't comfortable for me.

I've never heard of a Fabarm but I have a Citori 725 sporting that I think is fantastic. I go between wanting to shoot it or my Benelli m2 depending on what I want to practice with when shoot clays. The Citori 725 sporting has some mass to it making it very comfortable to shoot. I've shot some very expensive rental guns shooting clays and most weren't comfortable for me.

Fabarm is a part of Cesar Guerini

Reactions: cmoore806