• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning A bolt 7 mm bolt very hard to open after

Redman1982

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2012
South Louisiana
I have a Browning A bolt 7 Mag . As far as I know the only thing I know that was done to the Gun is that it was glass bedded by a local gunsmith in own hear. Last time I shot it I noticed it was extremely hard to open the bolt after firing the rifle . I cleaned it very well . And nothing has changed . Same Factory loads iv always used. Any ideas?????

Re: Browning A bolt 7 mm bolt very hard to open after

I always run a patch of remoil after I clean all my guns . Could that cause the sticking. I mean that baby is stuck fast. I had to slam it open with the palm of my hand? Way to hard to be oil I would think.

I like the foam cleaners too.

If the factory ammo is to spec it should not be hanging up in your chamber. Thus the reason I thought the chamber might have some oil in left in it after cleaning as that could cause the case to stick due to the different expansion characteristic in the chamber vs. that of a dry chamber.

If this was the first round you fired after cleaning the barrel, it might explain it. If you fired several then it does not.

If the rifle is in good working order and still safe to shoot, why not try a different brand or lot of ammo and see what happens?

Thanks for the info. I'll get some new ammo like you said . The ones I'm shotting are Winchester silver tip bilistic tips. I'll try something diff . Thanks so much for the help my friend .