• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning BAR Safari

aaron_c

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2011
Hey guys, this is my first post here (been on the AR-15 boards for a while though). I inherited two identical Browning BAR Safari rifles. They are beautiful rifles but I don't see a point in having two that look exactly the same, which Brings me to my question.

Do any companies make aftermarket parts for these rifles at all, to give them more of that 'sniper' feel? Mostly talking about the stock (glossy wood is a definite no-go for me), preferably a one-piece to cover up the glossy metal on the sides of the receiver as well.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys have on this firearm!

Re: Browning BAR Safari

I Don't know what a "sniper" look is. And as far as I know, there are no company's that I know of that make after market parts for BARS.

Scott

Why ruin two fine weapons? These should be very easy to sell then invest in what you are interested in.If you are a fan of the BAR style check out FN's FNAR.

If they are the old Belgian made rifles then I would cringe at doing anything to them. I don't know what grade the two you have are but my dad has a grade II in 30-06 and it is a beautiful looking gun that will shoot with every factory bolt gun I've seen.

"Sniperize" a BAR? Why? It will only turn a silk purse into a sow's ear and leave you with a sore spot from your own boot hitting you in the posterior.

As stated above. The BAR's are the cats ass when it comes to auto loading hunting rifles. I have three, a 270 made in the sixty's, a 30-06 made in the 80's and a 308 made in the 80's. I love them and the 30-06 I would put up against any factory bolt gun out there.
If they are not your style you should have no problems selling them. If they are in good shape and made in Belgium they are valuable to many out there.