• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Browning Hi-Power: First, probably not last.

stmcelroy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2006
Madras, OR
www.rkbaholsters.com
Been wanting to try one for a while, and today I finally pulled the trigger.

Here are some pics, hope to have a range report early next week.

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

Plan on adding the range report on this gun and many other to my new blog. Check it out and follow it: RKBA Holsters Blog

Re: Browning Hi-Power: First, probably not last.

TG will be along shortly to measure you for your choir robe.

laugh.gif

Welcome to the club

a friend of mine just bought a belgium made/portugese assembled one a few weeks ago.

they are very nice guns. i think you'll be very happy with it...

and if you aren't, i'll give you $550 for it

I got a very similar one for about $400, when my side of the trade was calculated. They really need to have the magazine release safety removed before they start to shine.

Pretty sweet deal for a nice Hi-Power.
I have a twin to yours that need to take a trip to my Pistolsmith for some light custom work.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care, Mike

OMG!!! You sir are a steely-eyed missle man! I am a very deep color of green with envy. Nice pistol.

I love the Hi-Powers, I have a C model and want another. They are fun to shoot and you will have lots of fun with it!

Remove the Mag Safety and you'll improve trigger.

Don't try to remove the mag safety on a MKIII, it won't function reliably afterwards. If you wish to try that, you need one of Bill's triggers (Cylinder and Slide).

Cheers... Jim

I've read that about the Hi Power's mag safety, but it also said to have a real gunsmith do it too.

I removed mine myself. Makes trigger MUCH better.

Using a smith may be better if you can find one to "remove a safety". Then he can go ahead and tweak out the trigger all the way.

When you get to the point that the trigger needs some work contact Don Williams @ Action Works. I had him do a 40 cal.MKIII for me a few years back with the mag safety it breaks at 4 lbs but feels lighter. He offers a lot of services for the Browning Hi Powers. I've put close to 3,000 rounds through it since he done the work and it hasn't missed a beat.

My roomate picked one up that has the ACUish finish on it. It was a totally random stop at the gun shop and when I first saw it I thought it was so ugly I threw up a little bit in my mouth. But the ugliness quickly grew on me, sort of a that so ugly its awesome. Unfortunately he had the funds to pick it up and I didn't. I'll see if I can get him to pull it out for some pictures when he gets home.

Well done sir. Must be sun spots or something as I and a few friends have the same itch.

Removing the magazine safety doesn't require a gunsmith nor does it make a Mark III hi-power unreliable.

I ave two of them and in honor of Stephan A. Camp I'm going to tote one for a couple of weeks or longer.

Congrats you will like it!!! This topic made me remember a friend was going to get her ccl and she wanted to try a few pistols i had and borrow 1, i told her the MKIII was a shooter and she shot it and said this is the 1 after her class she said i have to get 1 and she did, i am going to shoot mine today.

Nice pistol! I purchased a 75th anniversary model in blued-finish in January. WOW!!! The blue is super deep and smooth! The slide/frame fit feels like it's on bearings with Slip 2000 grease. Shoots like a dream.

I too would like to have a 'smith remove the mag-safety, install a combat hammer to alleviate the horrible hammer bite I get. I still shoot it anyway because I like it that much!

$500 heh? AWESOME deal!!!

enjoy!

-G45