• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Browning HI power

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
I am looking for some magazines for my father's Browning hi power. He has a few, but I would like to know who is shooting hi powers and what are reliable mags?

Re: Browning HI power

Thanks, its an older non modified FN

Mec-gar are the best and are (I believe) the OEM, anyway (although there are dimensional differences between them). CDNN usually has some for a reasonable price.

I am not a fan of the Pro mags for the HP. I bought a bunch a few years back, took them over to Afghanistan and 2 of the 7 worked. I was not happy..

Yes, the Pro Mags suck badly and always have. I've only owned three but had trouble out of each of them in a variety of hi-powers (I'm a hi-power fanboy) and so they were relegated to range use only. They're good to practice malfunction clearances.

I found a few Browning mags, 13 round on Midway, so I bought and sent a few to my dad, so he can test them out. I saw some that were 15, 20 round as well. May try a few of the 20 rounders just for kicks.

stay away from pro mags and eagle, CDNN has a variety of HP mags, the mecGar are excellent and so are the Argentine 15 +2 hard to load but work great.
hope this helps

I will also endorse the Argentine magazines, in either the 15 or 17 round versions. Yes indeed, they are knuckle busters to load. They function just fine once you get past that part and should last the life time of an average recreational shooter. You can pick them up for under $20 or less if you look for them. I just got 3 for $40 shipped from another board.