• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Browning T-Bolt Micro Midas Rifle

Jdaniel344

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
I was wondering if anyone runs a Browning T-bolt in NRL or PRC matches?
I know there's not much in the way of aftermarket support but feel the gun is good.

Reactions: pabrousseau
I put the T-Bolt in the same category as the early Ruger 77/22's. Well built, full-sized rimfires that are similar to their big brother deer-rifles and are faithful companions in the hardwoods after squirrels. You can throw a FFP scope on one and compete, but it will not take long to see why other rifles are better suited at NRL and PRC type matches. The difference can been seen with CZ in particular, I'm sure you could run matches with a CZ457 American, but they have at least 6 other models that are better suited for the sport.

Reactions: Jdaniel344
Just about any mag fed .22 can be used in NRL-esque rifle matches. Its the optic chosen that usually limiting factor or the inherent accuracy of the gun.

In NRL22, Base class isn't as cut throat as Open is. And if you fall under Youth, Ladies, or Old Gun....then its arguably easier yet. But not always.

If the t-bolt is what you got and you don't really care where you finish....just that your capable to go compete....your set.

Just have a decent target scope within the class limits, a bipod, and probably have a spare mag on hand for the 12rnd stages.

ALWAYS talk to the Match Director well before the match (like days before if possible) and show him your rifle and discuss which class you are capable of competing in or what would be the best fit for you. The MD will make sure you have a group that will support you or guide you if needed on rhe day.

I was looking at this one before buying a Tikka

RF002569_45323.png

I have access to an indoor range ( 50yards ) . I'll lower the trigger pull as it'll go. I haven't been behind a rifle in over a year now . Like riding a bike right ? I'll keep you posted .