• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning t-bolt?

Sauce787

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2011
Southern Illinois
Today I found a used Browning t-bolt varmint/target in my lgs. Pretty good price and it was in great shape with very nice wood on the stock. I couldn't pass it up. Anybody here have much experience with them? The action seems pretty slick and I like the design of the magazine. (although expensive to replace)

P.S. sorry if this is a re-post. I did a search and nothing came up for the t-bolt.

Re: Browning t-bolt?

Thanks! I figured for 440 out the door wasnt a bad price for a rifle that msrp's for almost 800. Just need to decide on glass now.....

Got a buddy with one, its slick for sure... Very accurate too. Nice find.

I know a few people out west that swear by them for prairie dogs and gophers. Neat action design. If I ever find a deal like that I will snatch it up. Good find.

I had two of the original ones from the mid to late 60's. I regret selling the first one.

I have one of the new ones that I picked up when they first came back out 6-7 years ago. It is a good shooter, but I find that I usually grab my 10/22 or my old winchester model 75 when I want to shoot a 22.

Lately I have been shooting the savage fvsr more and moore also.

I have a composite sporter LH in 17HMR, love it to bits. built 2011 in japan. My Savage doesn't get much use anymore for rabbits, just punching plinking.