• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Browning thread pitch on A-bolt w/ BOSS??

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
Does anyone know the thread pitch on a Browning A-bolt with the BOSS-CR (conventional recoil) system? I'm wanting to take the CR off and get a muzzle protector or maybe install a brake. Browning tech support says "it's company policy to not release that information". They suck!
Thanks in advance!

Chad

Re: Browning thread pitch on A-bolt w/ BOSS??

The one I have seen is 9/16"-24 and that was on a 30-06, yours may be different.

Im sure the A-Bolt and the Model 70's w/boss used the same threads...but the 9/16"-24 threads 308MAUS3R was refereing to was on a model 70 w/boss....

Mine came with the CR tube not the boss. I wanted a brake on it so had one threaded to fit. I have been trying to find a boss brake for it for some time and have fallen short...

The BOSS Muzzle Brake and the BOSS CR have the same thread pattern (9/16x24) and can be switched back and forth as needed (only the .338WM and .375H&H have different threads to my knowledge)...the problem is finding the @#$%ing brakes for sale!!

Brownell's sells the CR units, but I have not seen brakes for sale separately except on auctions, eBay, etc.

Make sure the heavy barrel on your M-1000 isn't different than a standard barrel also.