• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning X-Bolt Bottom Rail

Southern Hunter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2022
Louisiana
I have a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range with the McMillan stock. On the bottom of the fore end of the stock is a small rail with the QD cup receiver. The QD receiver is towards the butt end of the rail. Due to this and the long barrel of the rifle when carrying using the sling it’s extremely unbalanced and top heavy.

Here’s my question……

Can I remove and flip the rail around so the receiver will be on the top end? Would there be any reason I couldn’t? I’m thinking that may change my center of balance and be more comfortably to sling. If it is ok to flip….any special precautions I need to take or specific way I need to go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for any info/help!

I don’t know what you are describing as far as the rail swapping goes, but you will not get a heavy barrel rifle to sling worth a damn muzzle up ifyou are throwing the sling over one shoulder. Sling it muzzle down and rock on.