• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning x bolt chamber

mjwilcox38

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2021
North Carolina
I bought a Browning x bolt. 5 months ago. Spent 2k. I borescoped the chamber and the throat looked like the reamer entered sideways. One side it dug into the throat and on the other it didn't hurt the rifling. Now the bullet hits rifling one one side before the other. This pushes the bullet to one side as it wobbles down the barrel. I took pics with borescope and sent it to Browning warranty to be told that alot of their guns had been reamed off center and that if they fix mine they have to fix all. There sending gun back without fixing.whay can I do? Does anyone know how I can make them fix. As of now I have a 2k rifle that is trash.

It’s a production firearm, that’s common and basically normal.
If you want a higher level of build quality have a custom made by a reputable smith.

I’ve had a few wonky barrels shoot phenomenal.

It’s a production firearm, that’s common and basically normal.
If you want a higher level of build quality have a custom made by a reputable smith.

I’ve had a few wonky barrels shoot phenomenal.
I have custom rifles and 300 Mossberg Patriot. None have different length rifling in throat.

I've posted pictures on their Facebook page if you want to check them out. The rifling in the Browning is horrible when it starts in the throat.

Not good. I can get 2 inch group with heavy long bullets. Lighter grain will not group. My normal is .5 or less depending on gun and time I've spent on load.