• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning X-Bolt & Kahles k318i mounting trouble

BAJACRACKER

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2022
HAYWARD
Hello Snipers hide. I have hit a wall. I bought a Browning X-Bolt Mountain Pro. I want to mount my Kahles k318i on it but I can't seem to find the correct way. I thought by going with the Talley rings specifically designed for the X-bolt I would be good to go but I do not have the proper eye relief. The scope sits too far forward due to the short tube of the scope. I'm thinking the scope just won't work with these rings and I need to get something with a longer tube or use a pic rail and rings. The scope came off an AR10 I have so there were no issues with that rifle. I only need another inch or so rearward to get the proper eye relief needed. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Kahles & X-Bolt.jpg

Last edited:
Long or short action, pictures of the rings and rail setup

I used a DNZ 215 Tactical mount on an X-Bolt with a short tube Leica scope, worked fairly well. I no longer have the rifle, but may still have the mount. It's for a 30 mm tube.

From DNZ's site
IMG_3775.jpeg

Reactions: BAJACRACKER
Long or short action, pictures of the rings and rail setup

I used a DNZ 215 Tactical mount on an X-Bolt with a short tube Leica scope, worked fairly well. I no longer have the rifle, but may still have the mount. It's for a 30 mm tube.

From DNZ's site
View attachment 8401444
Long action. Here are more pics and print of the scope. Tube is only 5.511".
Kahles K318i footprint.png
Tally X Bolt Rings.jpg
View of LOP.jpg
Rear Mount.jpg
Front Mount.jpg
Talley X Bolt Rings 1.jpg
Rifle.jpg

you could do a two piece rail and then get cantilever sphur ring. Or full rail and rings

Pic rail is going to give you the maximum adjustability. These combinations end up being very tough to get to fit just right. If you are able to get it to work right, please post your final solution.

A rail will put you well above the optimal sight line, also with the short tube and fat objective, you will have to most likely cut off a portion of the front of the picatinny.

Just about everyone makes a picatinny rail for the X-Bolt, pay attention to the thickness of the rail to help with the sight line above bore distance.

I have a half dozen different X-Bolt picatinny rails in the tool box that are essentially worthless with short tube scopes. I use Warne steel Maxima bases now. I don't know if they make an extended base for the X-Bolt, maybe worth a phone call.

In order to clear the objective, you will need some tall rings, that leads to a less than optimal cheek weld on a hunting rife with a traditional stock, be prepared to add an adjustable comb into the mix.

The easiest solution is to use a scope with more area to mount it.