• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning X-bolt Trigger - JARD vs Timney

Ulf Thorgrimsson

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2024
Poland
Hi guys,

I've been looking at the aftermarket triggers for my Browning X-bolt .308 win. It seems that there are only two options available: Timney (https://timneytriggers.com/browning-x-bolt/) and JARD (https://jardinc.com/browning-xbolt). While there is a lot of info on the Timney, there is rather nothing about JARD.

Did any of you try the JARD trigger and can recommend? It seems that apart from having a 3-position safety with the bolt-lock function it can also go down with the pull weight to as little as 6-12 oz (Timney is 1,5 lbs minimum) and they also offer different springs with different pull-weight ranges.

Thanks for help!

Timney! I bought a Jard for my A-Bolt II, and it didn’t even fit in the rifle. Sent it back and got a refund. I also put a Jard in one if my Marlin 917VSF .17 HMR’s, and it’s just as terrible as the factory trigger. I won’t be buying into the Jard snake oil anymore. I’ll stick with TT & Timney.

Put a Timney in my Ruger Ranch .300 BLK, and that was worth every bit of $150. That’s a great feeling trigger. Crisp, clean pull…Zero creep. 👍🏼

Reactions: Ulf Thorgrimsson
Timney! I bought a Jard for my A-Bolt II, and it didn’t even fit in the rifle. Sent it back and got a refund. I also put a Jard in one if my Marlin 917VSF .17 HMR’s, and it’s just as terrible as the factory trigger. I won’t be buying into the Jard snake oil anymore. I’ll stick with TT & Timney.

Put a Timney in my Ruger Ranch .300 BLK, and that was worth every bit of $150. That’s a great feeling trigger. Crisp, clean pull…Zero creep. 👍🏼
Thanks a lot for the advice! You probably saved me 200$ and a lot of disappointment with the JARD trigger.
I will be going for the Timney pretty soon, for now the MCARBO spring has to suffice.

Reactions: FuhQ