• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Browning x bolt

Leveraction

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2021
Weaverville
Howdy everyone. I hate asking stupid questions. But here goes anyway. I received a browning x bolt medallion for Christmas. I am looking to put a hunting scope on it. Most likely with a 30 mm tube. Curious about which mount and rings to buy. I am considering a Talley picatinny rail. Advice please.

Howdy everyone. I hate asking stupid questions. But here goes anyway. I received a browning x bolt medallion for Christmas. I am looking to put a hunting scope on it. Most likely with a 30 mm tube. Curious about which mount and rings to buy. I am considering a Talley picatinny rail. Advice please.
I would go with an EGW 20MOA rail, and Seekins Precision 30mm 0.82" Low rings, for scopes up to 56mm.

I have an A-Bolt-II that I run this setup on.

I don't know if you have a LA or SA or Magnum action, so here's links for all 3...

Seekins rings...

I am running a Zeiss Conquest with Tally one piece rings on a Medallion 25WSSM. The rings and scope have been mounted nearly a decade; I have 1060 rounds down the tube on this ultralight bolt. Rings and scope remained solid. Shot it in November and no change to zero. I use the Tally one piece on multiple Savage SS bolt guns as well. Long term happy with this arrangement for a hunting rifle.

Edit to add: Easy to lap.

I have an X Bolt with a 20 MOA Talley rail with the bubble level in the end with a Nightforce 56” objective in .87 Seekins/Vortex precision rings.

I got a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 for my son’s .270wsm xbolt. First try was a Warne Mountainlight rail with NF Ultralite low rings. However we thought this resulted in the scope being just a bit too high (non-adjustable McMillan stock). So plan B was the Talley Lightweight 2piece rings, medium height. The Talley lows might have worked but wouldn’t have had enough clearance for the Vortex scope caps. Here’s a pic of clearance with the Talley mid’s.

Attachments

• 740DFE7C-793E-4208-861B-3A90535950CF.jpeg
    740DFE7C-793E-4208-861B-3A90535950CF.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 2D7B79D3-D5CE-4DC7-8F91-DDA30269A67C.jpeg
    2D7B79D3-D5CE-4DC7-8F91-DDA30269A67C.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 116