• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Browning X-Bolt

Re: Browning X-Bolt

I have been looking into this also. Mine is a 7mm-08 in a micro hunter. Short answer is I haven't found any, and McMillan says they won't consider production for at least 5 years. The problem? The metal around the magazine well on the bottom. I can only guess what Bell Carlson might say.

Best answer is to try a factory replacement through a gunsmith - the only way that Browning will sell them apparently.

KaibabMD

It's interesting the x-bolt is mentioned here. Nobody makes any good stuff for the x-bolt for a number of reasons, however it is still a good hunting rifle. After purchasing a .308 composite stalker, I soon realized the inadequacies of the tupperware like stock. With a fair amount of composites experience, I decided to take on the challenge and build my own. To date, the plug is finished ready to make the mold. The styling is similar to a Manners T4A. Originally I wanted to use Accuracy International magazines but the receiver design offered too many challenges for a drop in system, so I settled, for the time being on the standard x-bolt mags with their crappy bottom metal . If anybody is interested I can post some pics in a couple of days.

Jon

Call Chad Dixon up. Maybe you can get a stock that needs to be comepletely inletted and send it to him or maybe he can get it and do the work.

I decided to have the stock on my 7mm-08 micro humter extended. Its at the gunsmiths now. I'll let you know how it shoots when its done.

I'm looking into putting a new stock on my x bolt is there any new information out there on this possibility? I'm told that McMillan can inlet for this action now. I haven't verified this with them yet but will soon.

I have an X-bolt stalker in .270 that I was considering a new stock for too. It shoots great. Under moa, usually .75 and sometimes beter, with 130gr Winchester Ballistic Silver tips. Haven't done any leg work but this makes me wonder. Guess I'll be looking into it and will let you know what I find. Hoping for a McM A1-3 if I had my choice.

Look forward to what you find! Ideally I'd like to restock my bolt and possibly one day rebarrel it as well. I think the rifle is a great platform and deserves more respect than it gets