• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bruno's shipping....WTF!

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
Man I heard that Bruno's can get steep on shipping. But this sort of pisses me off.

2 1000 count boxes of Federal 210's to my AO.........

$105.98!!!!!!

2 1000 count boxes of Winchester LRP's shipped from Midway w/ NRA round up.........

$86.00

That was my last Bruno's order.

Re: Bruno's shipping....WTF!

I went through a big order, got everything squared away and when I heard how much shipping was told them to cancel the whole order. It was F'ing ridiculous..........

Keith

Everywhere I have ever bought from let you see the shipping charges prior to completing your order, except Bruno's. With their charges I can understand why he keeps it hidden until you have already confirmed. Like I said never again.

Mike

wow this caused me to check and I am also seeing this 3000 gm205m $173.32

Wish I could find them anether place.. seems that thay have the corner on that market

Back in '07 I bought some Lapua 300 Win Mag brass. It was only a box of 100ct and he charged over $16.00 to ship it. He will burn you a new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: esromvre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow this caused me to check and I am also seeing this 3000 gm205m $173.32

Wish I could find them anether place.. seems that thay have the corner on that market </div></div>

Most likely there is alot of people that refuse to buy from him, so he has plenty in stock.

Mike

Am looking as hard as I can to find some others evan CCI would work for me.

Hate to take it in the AZZ just cant seem to find them anywhere else. Am also seeing a large jump in other primer prices looking at $4.99 in Souix Falls for Fed and CCI. its out of contol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everywhere I have ever bought from let you see the shipping charges prior to completing your order, except Bruno's. With their charges I can understand why he keeps it hidden until you have already confirmed. Like I said never again.

Mike</div></div>

Yeah, I got stung a few weeks ago on an order to just try out 100 of the 175s. Should have called instead of letting the website order go through with shipping charges undisclosed.

Rocky Mountain Reloading is FAR better. Shipping is included and they just send them USPS flat-rate Priority. Real, honest charges.

I ignore Bruno's "available" posts. He's as bad as those attorneys who charge 50 cents a page for copies and faxes.

Don't get me wrong. Lester is a decent guy. And a damned good shooter. He's kicked my butt on more than one occassion.

But like everyone else doing business, he's in it for the money.

At the Firearms Industry Super Shoot I have done several hundred dollars business with him in a week. But that's face to face. Just another word of caution. He also doesn't like to do returns. Just be SURE of your part number before you buy it. (ie... Wilson tooling or dies or other company's parts or tooling.)

Shipping and shipping mark-up makes up for what can be a low unit price that peaks your interest. Not the best way to generate repeat business.

The primers were not exactly a bargain at $32.95 / 1000. But 2000 at $105.00.......Geezzzz, I just get more and more pissed when I think about it. Like I said, I'll never order from him again.

Well wideners doesn't show you the shipping rate....they're a little backward and don't have their system set up to do it.

They also don't ass rape you, in fact I find their shipping quite reasonable.

Only thing I ever ordered from Brunos was a Mitotoyo case neck caliper.

ETA- I just happened across my Bruno's invoice in a folder while filing. His shipping and handling is about 10% of the order total. That doesn't seem to bad, but my order was expensive for it's weight so take that for what it's worth.

The other gem in the folder, 2000k of IMI .223 55 fmj ammunition........$335 plus $17 shipping. Oh, the good ole days.

"Graf & Sons Pays Freight---We beat the competition hands down! Graf & Sons pays the freight whether your order is <span style="font-weight: bold">5 pounds or 500 pounds!</span>
A handling and insurance charge of $4.50 applies when placing your order online or $6.95 when the order is placed over the phone, mail or fax!

http://www.grafs.com/index.php
l2.png

Sorry but "we pay the freight" or "free shipping" is just putting the freight in the price of the item.

One has to look at the total costs to the door step to make an eductated statement about real costs.

No offense to Graf and Sons, they have a good set up. heck I might just go e shopping there now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lester is known as "Weasel" for a reason.</div></div>

That's hilarious!!

I am local to "Bruno's Shooters Supply" and buy ammo there. A friend of mine went halvzies on a .260 reamer with Lester and had him build a $3000 rifle. Huge mistake! The rifle blew up on him after about 40 rounds. Really don't know what happened as I was not there when it torched. He said that the bolt closed tightly on the third round of a group with a load that he had been shooting. Maybe the case was long and that spiked pressure. I really don't know. He's lucky by only experiencing a little face flash and soiled pants. This was to be a deer hunting rifle. My theory is that Lester bought a Bench reamer so that he could use it too. Just seemed like something he would do.

Lester jerked him around through the build process and even worse after the gun blew up. Acted like he didn't want anything to do with him. What a weasel!! No empathy... no nuthin.

I just got screwed also. I order 1 lb of pounder and 4000 primers plus some bullets. Total weight 11lbs. Total cost including $22.50 haz mat was $50.00. That about $28.00 for 11 lbs. Never again.

Several months ago Bruno's was the only dealer with 6.5/47L brass in stock. I ordered two boxes of 100 and it cost me over 24.00 in shipping for a package. It had been years since I had purchased from them and I now know why. Won't make that mistake again.