• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brux barrels 8.5 twist??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I called brux barrels today to see if they had any 6mm barrels in stock. they had a HV 31" 6mm blank in a 8.5 twist. I took the barrel as i have been wanting to try them out. Now i am wondering what the heavies bullet i will be able to shoot I am going to chamber this blank for a 6mm dasher, and i am hoping to shoot 105gr berger's. What do you guys think? Is anyone here shooting a 8.5 twit 6mm? Lee

Re: Brux barrels 8.5 twist??

Brux is GTG in my book. I called them thursday to get a 6.5mm barrel, they had a HV in stock. But I needed a light palma. He offered to cut the barrel down, recontour it. He did this right after I got off the phone and it was out the door thursday afternoon. Should be here tommarrow.

The 6mm 1-8.5 will shoot the 105gr Bergers. They say 1-9on the box if im not mistaken.

They say 1-8" on the box.....unless they've changed since I got the ones I have sitting here.

My 243AI is a 1-9"twist and it runs the 105VLD just fine to 1K, even in the winter and with a slow load.

They do.... Hmm thanks brad for the heads up. I guess small things like that are forgotten.

The ones I have here are prolly a year or so old....they might have changed though. I quit shooting them and went to the 105 Amax so I haven't bought any new ones lately.