• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Brux Barrels Customer Service

G

I ordered a barrel from Brux on 12/14. It was a custom taper, so I know it wasnt sitting on a shelf ready to ship. While speaking to Brux, I made mention that I was kind of in a hurry to get it.

It was delivered on 12/29. Now, here's where it gets interesting.

On 1/5, I call Brux, they tell me it has been delivered. They give me the tracking number, and both Brux and I start trying to figure out what happened to the barrel.

Brux, in the meantime, tells me, "Dont worry, I'll deal with the UPS claim later. I'll have you a new barrel out the door by the end of the week."

After some digging and griping at UPS Customer Service, I finally get to the bottom of it. They delivered it to the people a few houses down!

So, after making contact with the people in the house it was delivered to, I got my barrel.

Guys, I dont know too many businesses that would say, "UPS claim later," and focus on getting a new custom item out to the customer. I have to say I was darn impressed with Brux's people, their service, and most importantly their product.

To add to how impressed I was with them, when I called them back to let them know the barrel had been located and to not start machining another one (which I was worried, based on our conversations, that they had already started) they said, "Now, if that barrel doesnt do exactly what you want it to do, you give me a call and send it back."

Im sold. They've got a customer in me. It's rare that you find customer service that good nowdays.

http://www.bruxbarrels.com/

Re: Brux Barrels Customer Service

Great story, thanks for the info, I may have to give one a try on the next build. Do you mind posting contact info or a website link?

J

Yea but the real treat comes when you get to shoot it , they clean up and are as accurate as any Kreiger barrels I've seen.

their CS is awsome and who can beat a 2 week turn around !!

i'm liking that #11, might be a good choice for my "wish-list" lapua build, lol... hopefully BRUX has a .338 cutter!

I've had nothing but the best of service from Brux, many times over.

All of the barrels have been outstanding

According to their sight they do have the 338 cutter.

sweet. the page was loading slow for me at work, so I was not able to see it. I'm thinking a 1.3" straight cylinder, and sent to campfeld for Alaskan Ti style helical flutes. I have a couple bolts that need done anyway. This is NOT a rifle i'm going to be mobile with, so I don't really care if it weighs a shitload. Heck, with .338 LM in it, the weight can't hurt to tame it a little bit.

I have also had great CS from Brux and the delivery time is great.

I like it when Karma works in a positive manner
smile.gif

Is it just me but hasn't there been a ton of good stuff coming out of the wood work lately? Between this thread and that Corbon Velocity thread it looks like the industry might be getting it's shit together..

What bothers me is this sort of service should come with most custom, appreciating every single customer just brings more customers...

I just bought a 260 barrel from Ken at Brux. Invited me to the shop and showed me around on a Saturday. Well equipped shop and some real cool custom machinery. He is also helping me assemble my first custom. I am no pro gun barrel guy, but they are top notch in my book.

If anyone has a number for the guys at Brux you might call them and tell them that their website has been taken over by some antivirus software. I wanted to see what they had to offer but can't get in to their website.

Good to hear that someone with that kind of turnaround offers good barrels and from the sound great customer service. I am going to order something just to see, sounds like a dream come true.

1-608-592-3324 , not sure what the trouble is with their web site but it does ahve a virus issue.

The use the exact same conture chart as Kreiger so if you need to look at a chart go their

site was fine for me too. Musta got fixed.

Thanks for posting this I have been wanting to try one of their barrels with the skip fluting.

That fluting is pretty damn cool. Actually, when I called (thinking it hadnt shipped yet), I was calling to add that to the bbl - only to find out theyd shipped it a helluva lot sooner than I thought they would.

This would be why I encourage my clients to consider Brux barrels for their builds.

Great products are only as great as the people who make them.

C.

Holy necrothread Chad! Did you finally build a flux capacitor and travel back in time?

I have a 30" Brux on my 300 WBY and may have a 32" 338 Barrel in the future. That 300 WBY shoots better than I'll ever drive it

What I want to know is who sits on a misdelivered package addressed to someone a few houses down for more than a week?

I just got a Brux from bugholes as my first custom (centerfire) barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I want to know is who sits on a misdelivered package addressed to someone a few houses down for more than a week?
</div></div>

I had a "neighbor" sit on 3 packages for me (misaddressed) for 2 weeks. When I finally figured out a digit was off in the addy and where they where, I called the landlord for the addy (from the tax records as no resident phone number was available). She called him for me. When I went to get them, he threatened my life and would not give them to me.

Welcome to our world.

Hard to beat cs like that. People who take care of there customers like that have a p base that take care of them in the long run.

Having barreled over 100 Brux barrels I've come to learn that they stand alone next to any brand.

A Brux shoots like a Brux and that is plenty good enough for me.

Good folks and a great product.

C.

Wish I had better luck with my last bartlein barrel. I ordered it. Paid $490 for it. Arrived several months later and looked like it was thrown around the shop for 6 months. I called them and sent the pictures they requested and have not heard a single word since. Needless to say only a few of the dings will be noticable after my smith does his best to blend them. There was even a sharp bur in the flute. I sure hope this gun shoots lights out or I will be sick!

Just expected a bit more for a $490 custom barrel. Disappointed in their follow up. I will eat the extra gunsmith charge to make it right and order from somewhere else next time.

I'm building a 6BR right now using Brux 8.5 twist Medium Palma. Glad I made the right choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flynlow3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I had better luck with my last bartlein barrel. I ordered it. Paid $490 for it. Arrived several months later and looked like it was thrown around the shop for 6 months. I called them and sent the pictures they requested and have not heard a single word since. Needless to say only a few of the dings will be noticable after my smith does his best to blend them. There was even a sharp bur in the flute. I sure hope this gun shoots lights out or I will be sick!

Just expected a bit more for a $490 custom barrel. Disappointed in their follow up. I will eat the extra gunsmith charge to make it right and order from somewhere else next time. </div></div>

Jeff, Seeing this post and going thru emails this a.m. I saw where you sent a email with the pictures. You sent the email on Jan. 2nd but with the holidays in there and guys being off and the end of the year and being busy it's tough at times to get to every message. So sorry for the delay in getting back to you but over the holidays we had nearly 180 emails in that time alone that we are trying to get to.

I didn't see or get any message on the answering machine so I don't know if you tried calling or not.

If you haven't done anything with the barrel get it back to us so I can look at it in my hands and show the guys in the shop. If we cannot clean it up will make a new one right away.

Get a hold of me or give me a phone number to call you at and the best time to call.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Frank took care of me before I even saw his reply post. I had a phone call this morning and I understand times in the gun industry are extremely busy right now. I will admit I had my feelings hurt a little because I didnt feel as though anyone cared after they had my money but boy was I wrong. Hat's off to Frank for making it right and I really appreciated the personal phone call.

After we are done rebarreling the action, I will let you guys know how she shoots. This one is my .223 practice rig. Trying to keep the cost down since I compete with .308.

Thanks again Frank

Jeff

My last build I opted not to go with the Brux barrel that my gunsmith had sittin on the shelf because I knew nothing about them. Instead I waited for him to order a Krieger. I dont regret it but next time I will not hesitate to go with a Brux.