• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing BS hunting story

TanktheFrank

UP AND COMING
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2017
New Braunfels, TX
Sitting at my mom's house, minding my own business when my step sister's boyfriend walks up to talk hunting and guns. Great! Seems like a good dude, has a job, works hard, and is good to my sister.

First couple sentences out of his mouth made it seem like he knew a thing or two. I brought up the fact that I'm planning to buy a desert tech by the end of the year. He knew what it was, asked which caliber I wanted, told him 300 win mag and then a 6.5 creed conversion. That's when the BS started flowing...

My choice of 300 win mag is apparently flawed, he and his grandpa (who he claims was a badass sniper in the Nam) built him an 06 that will kill deer up to a mile and anything else is a waste. "Shot a doe last year at 1000 yards, right between the eyes." I fought SSOOOOOO hard not to call bullshit. I mean, yes people have killed deer that far. But not this kid. No goddamn way.

I let it slide, and then he hits me with the jack rabbit at 400 with the .22. Apparently this guy is dead eye dick!

Delving deeper into the 06 god gun, it was revealed it's a savage in a b&c stock with a simmons 3x9x40 that his grandpa "got to keep when he got out". Man I love knowing what shit is when people show their gun pictures off. Them green boxes from walmart are what he uses for feeding it.

I just dont get it, why the hell did he feel the need to lie? So many damn times... clearly someone mentioned I'm a gun guy. I hunt, a lot. I generally know what I'm talking about. So why go above and beyond with the bullshit... I'm 100 percent going to invite him out to the range to put his abilities to the test.

This happens to me too. Everyone knows I am a gun guy. I also don’t buy cheap shit.

People are always coming to me wanting to get a rifle built or an AR ssembled. The first thing I ask is are they willing the spend $2k on an AR or $3500+ for a bolt action. If the answer is NO then I am not the right person to talk to.

It never fails people will see me with my custom gun, suppressor, SBR’s and they want to get in the game with a $500 budget. Drives me crazy. They they start with how they bought a $350 AR at PSA and how it’s just as good as anything else. They have a Savage that will shoot better than any custom action out there.

You know the guys who shoot 5 rounds every couple of years. I’m like I shoot my rifle every week almost.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Oh I will, it will be glorious! I'm betting 2 moa is his norm at 100. Wonder if he'll rethink his stories when he starts to see what MY rifles do.

In the best case scenario you can consider that he has so much respect for you and a desire to be associated with you that his motivation has lead him astray and he has let his desire over ride sense and he let slip one small lie which was followed by another. He was inept in his actions but his motivation was to gain your friendship - generally not a bad thing.

In the worst case he is just trying to bang your sis and will say anything to anyone to get in her pants.

Which of these scenarios you feel is most likely may or may not be a factor in whether or not he comes home from the range with you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Beat me too it. Look cautiously for bullshit he may be feeding her and she doesn't know it.

Lol some people.

I had a guy tell me he shot a deer at 100 yards in the shoulder with a .50 muzzle loader and "it shrugged it off"

You should keep your eye on the classifieds here. Can find DTs and other rifles dirt cheap.

Full of shit liars will say anything to win a persons confiance. You’re included in that also Tank being the step brother and all. He’s got to win your confidence too, not just hers. Same for the rest of the family.

Option 1.
Take him and step sister to the range together to sort it out. She’ll have to see it first hand to believe he is completely full of shit.
If he redeems himself then bravo, either way you were a good brother and did the right thing looking out for the interest of all involved.

Your family affairs are absolutely none of my business. But seeing people you care about get the wool pulled over their eyes is something I don’t wish on others. It just never goes well.

Option 2.
Get him to sign up on the Hide and tell him to post his rifle, DOPE, and shot groups in the Bear Pit. The rest will sort itself out.

Lol some people.

I had a guy tell me he shot a deer at 100 yards in the shoulder with a .50 muzzle loader and "it shrugged it off"

You should keep your eye on the classifieds here. Can find DTs and other rifles dirt cheap.
My brother and I used to shoot my Dad’s .45 flintlock a lot. That is an accurate rifle. One day we were shooting offhand at about fifty yards into an 8” thick dried block of wood that was propped against a stump. When we were done, every ball had completely penetrated the block and was buried so deep into the stump that we couldn’t see it.

If that guy actually hit the deer at all, it was more likely a lung shot that went through and the deer died in the woods.

I'll be sure to refer him and all his wisdom to the hide. Might be able to actually learn something.

I've long accepted that nearly everyone wants to bang nearly everyone's sister. I'm past that. But... in the off chance he's a dirtbag... we still need have that backhoe and a berm that needs building.

That's the plan, if I had the funds on hand i would have scooped up the one that went for $2500 this week.
I'm the lucky dude who scooped the one up this week from coldboremiracle. Just noticed that euro optics has the a1 chassis on sale for 1500. Buy that now if you can swing it and get a conversion kit later.
Good luck to you

Reactions: TanktheFrank
I'm the lucky dude who scooped the one up this week from coldboremiracle. Just noticed that euro optics has the a1 chassis on sale for 1500. Buy that now if you can swing it and get a conversion kit later.
Good luck to you
You could always bet him a DT that he can't hit another bunny at 400yrds!

Excellent scoop brother! To think, owning a DT that's been on the hide,Instagram and YouTube. I want one sooo bad, and you know, this dude could probably afford one too. I can hear the excuses already though...

I’ve learned that some people are just wired that way, my brother had a friend that was like that until the bullshit finally got to be too much and they stopped hanging out. The guy clearly thought of himself as the smartest guy in the room and what ever you could to he could do better. It’s one thing to be overconfident, it’s another to be a dick about it to people that not only can tell when you’re bullshitting them but have the capability to prove it.

However the part that annoyed me most, and something you need to watch for, is that he was an ungrateful bastard. This guy had never shot a deer despite hunting for 8 years and his dad had only gotten one doe in 30 years of hunting. So my brother brought him up for rifle season and we spent all day putting him in the best stands and walking miles on drives trying to push deer out to him until finally on the last hunt of the day we pushed a doe out to him. He missed the first standing broadside shot but hit it low on the second so I have to track the thing over 100 yards with little blood to find it. I honestly think I was more excited than he was but we took the pictures, gave him all the meat and I thought everything was good.

A couple weeks later my brother’s other buddy told him that the guy we took hunting was bitching that his first deer was only a doe while his dad got a nice buck up at their cabin in the stand he planned on sitting in before we invited him to our place. So not only was he annoyed that his dad got his first buck but he was annoyed that we spent all day hunting and he only got a doe while my dad, brother and I had all got bucks the week before. Ignoring that it was my first buck in 6 year, my dads first in 13 years and the fact that my brother gave up his stand so that the guy could hunt in the very stand he killed his buck off but we managed to do in one day what he failed to do for 8 years.

After they stopped hanging out this kid got a girlfriend that he treats like shit and he treat his mother like shit. Additionally another guy I know has a similar personality and believes that any man not related to his wife is trying to sleep with her and as a result he is very controlling with their marriage. So from personal experience guys that feel the need to prove themselves better than other people tend to be rather insecure themselves which could lead to him lashing out at your sister for any perceived slight. Now he may not be this way but it is something worth watching for.

I'll keep an eye on him, seems good enough to not be a turd. I figure it's just him trying to fit in and was a slip up. I guess it could be worse with him either being a anti-gun/hunting. He asked me this morning if he could get advice for his first AR build, this should be fun.

I have made some incredible rifle and pistol shots in my life. Skill? Maybe. Luck? Probably. I never bragged about them but have had witnesses do the bragging for me. I must say I have never shot anything between the eyes at a 1000 yards though. None of my exploits match that.

I'll have to go along with @pmclaine. Bragging is a good sign of insecurity.

Who aims for the head at that distance? If I hit a doe between the eyes at 1000 yards my shot would have been about 2 feet off target because I wouldn't have been aiming there in the first place.

Reactions: Wyzrd and theLBC
At the next family picnic, while there is a crowd around, Loudly say "Hey guy lets see who has the biggest cock!" and start unzipping trou.

Probably wont have any problems after that.

Word of caution make sure you actually have a bigger cock. Hopefully your sis is not the confirming source of this info. Bad all around if she has global knowledge of the two combattants.

Sadly its a strategic mind game Im ill equipped to play but I wish you well.

Sitting at my mom's house, minding my own business when my step sister's boyfriend walks up to talk hunting and guns. Great! Seems like a good dude, has a job, works hard, and is good to my sister.

First couple sentences out of his mouth made it seem like he knew a thing or two. I brought up the fact that I'm planning to buy a desert tech by the end of the year. He knew what it was, asked which caliber I wanted, told him 300 win mag and then a 6.5 creed conversion. That's when the BS started flowing...

My choice of 300 win mag is apparently flawed, he and his grandpa (who he claims was a badass sniper in the Nam) built him an 06 that will kill deer up to a mile and anything else is a waste. "Shot a doe last year at 1000 yards, right between the eyes." I fought SSOOOOOO hard not to call bullshit. I mean, yes people have killed deer that far. But not this kid. No goddamn way.

I let it slide, and then he hits me with the jack rabbit at 400 with the .22. Apparently this guy is dead eye dick!

Delving deeper into the 06 god gun, it was revealed it's a savage in a b&c stock with a simmons 3x9x40 that his grandpa "got to keep when he got out". Man I love knowing what shit is when people show their gun pictures off. Them green boxes from walmart are what he uses for feeding it.

I just dont get it, why the hell did he feel the need to lie? So many damn times... clearly someone mentioned I'm a gun guy. I hunt, a lot. I generally know what I'm talking about. So why go above and beyond with the bullshit... I'm 100 percent going to invite him out to the range to put his abilities to the test.

@armorpl8chikn is the ONLY Legend that I know that has accomplished close to these things. And I know that he is happily married to a very nice and well-spoken American raised in Manchester, U.K. So....

1. You sister's beau is adept at stretching the truth a bit....

or...

2. @armorpl8chikn is dating your sister. But it can't be him, cause it was a 20"x20" at a mile with a 30-06 and a Coyote at 212 Yards with a .22 LR.

Twerrent nuthin. I'm not the bestest shot. When that Wilkes posse is shooting I tote water for em.

Plus if I was dating his sister.....
Bigger problems than some Fudd hunting story.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Va_Gentleman
Couldn't imagine the reaction from the rest of the family, I would indeed be stared at like I had my pecker hangin out of my church clothes.

@armorpl8chikn sounds like the real deal, and from the sound of he has a much better taste in the womenz than my reformed Texan, former floridiot stepsister.

Here's one of the best fishing and hunting tales/stories I've ever heard. "Ron" returns to work from vacation and proceeds to begin telling a group of us who arrive early to BS and drink coffee that while in Tennessee he bought a bow and arrow set for hunting. As the story goes he tells us of amazing shots he made with it and then says he came across a rattlesnake and shot it between the eyes. Of course someone asked how far and he replied about twenty yards. "Ron" caught in one quickly adds well it's a trick shot because the snake sees the arrow coming and strikes at it......

Before anyone could call BS, ole Jim who worked 3rd shift was walking up and listening in looked at me and said hey you remember that gold 30 year watch I got. I went along knowing there was no such thing and said yeah what about it. Well he said me and Denny were fishing up on the river there by Steiner's gravel pit and it was starting to get dark so Denny wanted to get off the river. Well I made one last cast and don't you know that watch flew of my arm and over the side of the boat right into the river.

Oh man I said, that's a real shame Jim! He said well it's okay I got it back. Now it gets thick and "Ron" is riveted to our conversation. How did you do that Jim? He asked. Well you know the river is about six foot deep right where we were so I put a treble hook on my pole to try to snag it. But it was so dark I couldn't see it so Denny turns our Coleman lantern up real high, ties it to the anchor rope and lets it down in the water.

Sure enough I saw the watch sparkling and hooked it. Now "Ron" calls bulshit and said there ain't no way that could have happened, why that gas lantern would have broke it's glass and the water would have put it out! Ole Jim says well son I'll tell you what I'll blow that lantern out if you'll miss that snake buy a couple of inches. Man we fell on the floor laughing.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Of course someone asked how far and he replied about twenty yards. "Ron" caught in one quickly adds well it's a trick shot because the snake sees the arrow coming and strikes at it......

I wouldn't get too dismissive on that one.
I actually saw this on a Bill Jordan video way back in the VHS days. There were no claims of it being a "trick shot" but it was clear the snake caught the broadhead in it's mouth.

Did this bullshit artist pull it off....he could have, but like as not he watches Bill Jordan back in the day.

Reactions: lash
Anything is possible but I'd say it never happened by the look on his face. It was in 1975 and Ron had never used a bow until he bought this one with no sights etc. I also doubt a snake could see an arrow coming at it.

Last edited:
20190728_212755.jpg

First I would like to shout out to @Va_Gentleman and say.....let this old man sleep. I'm content to fade into obscurity. You knew they'd eventually post pics of it didn't you?

Second.
Yeah I know what it is, Christ on a cracker it's fucking ugly.
If a rock troll, attacked a band of bad assed dwarves...in some mine I guess. If those dwarves were armed with a Glock, an XD, 2 AR15 carbines, a Savage Axis, and a Browning ABolt, and we're all killed by the rock troll. The rock troll then gathered up the weapons, and fed them to a Balrog. Said Balrog, having eaten the weapons, takes a massive shit 3 days later.......
It'll look just like that picture above....dessert tech or something.

Lemme guess to hit a deer at a mile with that magical 06 you hold just over the deers back, give it a little wind and send it?

I was standing in a small shop right as the 17hmr was hitting the shelves. A customer was looking at a Savage. The shop owner asked the customer what he was shooting. Customer said ground hogs. The shop owner told him the 17hmr is not good for that. Customer asked why and with a straight face the shop owner said the only thing left would be the teeth. I butted in and asked what he meant. Shop owner said the 17hmr is so powerful and fast that the groundhog would vaporize from the heat and that only the teeth could survive the heat.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
I have a friend from high school who can lie like no other. I will look him straight in the eye to see if maybe he will atleast blink weird or crack a slight smile at the bullshit he is spewing. If all else it gives me a chance to catch up with other buddies that he mentioned in his story full of lies.

This thread brings to mind these words of wisdom I've gotten before. "Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. "

Your sisters boyfriend is laughing, and telling all his friends how he fed a bunch of BS and you lapped it all up like moron. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I worked with a couple different compulsive liars. If he is full shit about gun stuff, that is one thing. If he is a compulsive liar, get your sis out.

I'll keep an eye on him, seems good enough to not be a turd. I figure it's just him trying to fit in and was a slip up. I guess it could be worse with him either being a anti-gun/hunting. He asked me this morning if he could get advice for his first AR build, this should be fun.
Take him shooting. Let him go first.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Everyone knows that guy.....you know the "one-up-you" guy....that guy that ALWAYS no matter the topic ALWAYS can outdo your experience. LMAO

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Lol @ 19ers calling people newbies

funny this site was great till all the Johnny come latelys ran out of vagisil and filed enough butthurt reports to get people like ArmyJerry etc banned.

gotta make everything a safe space

OMG think about the optics of what he is saying

CF3E1D89-438C-4D20-AEB8-5148CE9299E8.gif

First I would like to shout out to @Va_Gentleman and say.....let this old man sleep. I'm content to fade into obscurity. You knew they'd eventually post pics of it didn't you?

Second.
Yeah I know what it is, Christ on a cracker it's fucking ugly.
If a rock troll, attacked a band of bad assed dwarves...in some mine I guess. If those dwarves were armed with a Glock, an XD, 2 AR15 carbines, a Savage Axis, and a Browning ABolt, and we're all killed by the rock troll. The rock troll then gathered up the weapons, and fed them to a Balrog. Said Balrog, having eaten the weapons, takes a massive shit 3 days later.......
It'll look just like that picture above....dessert tech or something.

Still lmao

Reactions: lash
Lol @ 19ers calling people newbies

funny this site was great till all the Johnny come latelys ran out of vagisil and filed enough butthurt reports to get people like ArmyJerry etc banned.

gotta make everything a safe space

OMG think about the optics of what he is saying

View attachment 7656096

You are just a grumpy old man.

Chris Kyle took a guy to the range. Funny as the story is sure to be.... make sure you're here to tell it.