• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BSA Martini International Mk V

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
Years ago I won a Mk V at an estate auction. It came with sights, but after shooting it a few times I put it away and never fired it much.

0mci3oy.jpg

Recently I began shooting a weekly smallbore match at my range...alternating weekly between 50 and 100 yards. This caused me to pull my smallbore target rifles out of the safe and begin shooting them. So far, I've used my Winchester 52's.

I recently glommed a Lyman 20X Super Targetspot and decided to try the Lyman on my Mk V. I zeroed the scope at 50 yards and did some ammo testing.

This rifle loved everything--even the cheap CMP black box.

gY72Hd0.jpg

v8lJxtI.jpg

@ 50 yards...

3cQ8QFj.jpg

That's good, what kind of small bore matches are you shooting?
20 round match. Every other week we shoot at 50 yards, 5 rounds into each of four targets. the 4 targets above are the targets we shoot at.

In the alternate weeks we shoot 10 rounds each into two larger target at 100 yards. Here are the two targets, 100 yard target on the left, 50 yard target on the right. The 100 yard target is about 7" across, with the 10 ring being about .62" across, and the X dot being .17". The 50 yard target is about 4.5" across, with the 10 ring being about .36", and the X dot being about .11".

BQ5lC6L.jpg

That's nice. When I get moved to VA I hope to compete in something at the Kettle Foot range and/or Cherokee Rod & Gun club.

Do you have different classes or is it shoot what you bring?

Reactions: Calfed
That's nice. When I get moved to VA I hope to compete in something at the Kettle Foot range and/or Cherokee Rod & Gun club.

Do you have different classes or is it shoot what you bring?
Any .22 LR, any sight, any rest--one class

Last edited: