• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BSA Mil-Mil FFP Review

TrapperSGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
NW Arkansas
I recently bought a Savage Mark II TR and wanted to put a Mil-Mil FFP scope on it but didn't feel like spending alot of money so I decieded to give the BSA 4-14x 44mm Mil-Mil FFP from Midway a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The glass was pretty clear. On my rubber prairie dog target I could see the 22 holes and make out the details at 150 yards. I only had a short time to shoot it but was able to test the tracking. The turrets were a little mushy but I would expect that for an inexpensive scope. It did tract well.

I tested the tracking by zeroing the rifle with Wolf ammo at 50 yards, those shots are circled on the bottom left dot. I then shot one shot at that dot. Then I read the reticle and adjusted up and right while maintaining the same aiming point. The second shot which is the middle dot was right on. Moving to the top right I misread the reticle and was a little low. (I blaming that on my son distracting me.) But as I corrected and moved to the top left dot it was right on and then also when I moved back down to the orginal bottom left dot. I also shot at the prairie dog targe at 150 yards and when I came back to zero it was right on at 50 yards.
BSAMil-MilTarget.jpg

I do like the reticle. It has a hash mark every mil and a smaller hash mark every half mil. Sorry, but this is the best pic I could take. It is on 14x.
BSAMil-MilReticle.jpg

I mounted it with a 20 MOA EGW base and Warne rings.
BSAMil-MilSavage1.jpg

Overall I am very happy with the scope and now can't wait to go shoot some more when I have more time.

Re: BSA Mil-Mil FFP Review

Quick question - how many MIL/rev on the elevation target?

With no zero stop, I'm concerned about having to make too many turns and getting lost coming back to zero. But for a 22 trainer, this may be a non-issue anyway.

The elevation turret has 6 mils per revolution. The distance between the lowest and highest dot on my target was about 5.8 mils. The turret does have the numbered hash marks on the underside. With a 50 yard zero I can see the 1 on the first hash mark so getting lost shouldn't be a problem.

Nice quick review.Did the scope have any made from markings??Wonder what country of origin it is from??I was curious about this scope too just because of the low price and it being FFP.Goodshootin'

~Reagan

I had a BSA on 10/22; it worked well for a while then the reticle started adjusting itself slightly after every shot from recoil. Take it for what its worth, and by the way its Free to a good home...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Widowmaker0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice quick review.Did the scope have any made from markings??Wonder what country of origin it is from??I was curious about this scope too just because of the low price and it being FFP.Goodshootin'

~Reagan </div></div>

It is made in China, but so is the Millet and it has a decent reputation. This new Mil-Mil BSA is definitely much higher in quality than their regular stuff.

Thanks for the review Trapper... Working for the Goverment I'm always interested in low-budget scopes for my rimfire plinkers. Regards.-
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrapperSGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Widowmaker0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice quick review.Did the scope have any made from markings??Wonder what country of origin it is from??I was curious about this scope too just because of the low price and it being FFP.Goodshootin'

~Reagan </div></div>

It is made in China, but so is the Millet and it has a decent reputation. This new Mil-Mil BSA is definitely much higher in quality than their regular stuff. </div></div>

Hey Trapper-Yeah, it looks like a goodthing.It's kinda weird,I tried looking it up on the Bsa website but it doesn't show up there at all.On Midway USA's website they have two different BSA tactical Mildot scopes that have glass etched reticles (4-14x44 FFP & 6-24x44) and yours being the only FFP.The reviews on midway have nothing but good (24 reviews at4.5 stars w/5 being max)to say though and makes me wonder how it would last through some durability testing......

~Reagan

Its holding up well. I shot it a few weeks ago at 200 yards and it came back to zero just fine. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison between the BSA and the Falcon. Anybody out there with both?