• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bsa sweet 22 scope

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
seen one of these on swfa website for 50 bucks shipped was wondering if anyone had one looking at a 3-9x40 they have been out for awhile figured if anything was wrong with them they should be fixed by now any info would be great

Re: bsa sweet 22 scope

Ummm at first I thought this was a joke but I guess your serious. Ok so someone gave GAVE me a BSA cateye. I tried putting it on a 22lr. Darn thing would even hold zero on the line with a 22lr. YA man save your money.

think there's some talk bout shaking it till the insides fall out and making a FUFU out of the tube. Seriously save the bucks my friend

then my second option would be a tasco varmint with a milldot

gotta be better than the BSA, I'd recommend a Super Sniper if on a budget, good scopes

super sniper is a little over my spending limit unless i can get them cheaper than what swfa has them for

might try used, ebay or gunbroker and such, not familiar with anything of quality lower on the price scale, not sayin there isnt any, just no first hand knowledge of any below 300, good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then my second option would be a tasco varmint with a milldot </div></div>
These work really well, get either the 2.5-10 or 6-24 mil-dot.

I'm familiar with several, they work good. Ocasionally you hear of one going screwy but that is what warrenties are for.

Check around for the best price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUSHNELL 3200 10x mildot...for $179-$199 you can't go wrong at all. </div></div>

Very true, but $100+ more than the Tasco.

The Mueler APT 4.5-14 would split the diff at $145.

SS10x can be had here used for as low as $230. i have a 6-18 sweet 22. havent shot it yet. it was like 50 from midway one month. ill see if i can get to the range this week. ill ne taking it off i think. i want a mil/mil but finding one with a a/o for paralax isnt gonna be easy. maybe the 3200 bushy from midway, its 10x fixed, but no a/o. i did buy a tasco varmint a while back. if you get one, get the model with exposed target knobs. there is one with target knobs under caps. pass on that one. mine had knobs crooked enough to scrape the hash marks off that indicated your moa's. i sent it back for a refund. i have a cheap 3-9 simmons and a really cheap 4-16 BEC gathering dust. both came off center fire stuff my buddy took in trade and i got cheap from him. pm me if you want.

Upon the recommendation of two well respected guys at Sniper Country Duty Roster I purchased and have used with success two BSA sweet 17s and two Tasco,s with the prairie dog on the turrent housing. The 17s are on my AR15 and my M&p 15/22. The tasco's are on a 300win mag and a 10/22. Have had no problems.

i have the sweet 17 and have not had a problem with it, i can go to 300 and hit go back to 100 and hit all day, many a gophers have met their end with it, works fine for me,

josh

I have sweet 17 and have had no problems with it, it tracks good the optic quality is OK, I would agree the guts may fall out if I put it on a 300wm.

i think in the sportsman's guide they are 39.00 (bsa sweet scope)

still not worth it. i've had several bsa's they all failed after about two years. it really sucks to have the rifle optic combo tweeked out, and then the scope fails. although bsa replaced the original, the replacement failed also.

had 3 8-32 platinum target scopes, all went bad. 2 on .22lrs, the other on an ar.

had a 6-18 on a muzzleloader, same deal.

save your money for what was suggested, or get the centerpoint at walmart for under 75.00.

decided on getting a tasco 2.5-10 milldot not shooting for long range just for squirrel hunting but like the milldot thinking of getting a mill dot master but do they work with a 22lr

Ready to take my licks, however, I have a BSA Sweet 22 6-18 on my 10/22 and it works great. Tracks fine, audible/felt clicks and the glass isn't bad. Granted there are much more talented shooters on her than me, but again, it suits my needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">decided on getting a tasco 2.5-10 milldot not shooting for long range just for squirrel hunting but like the milldot thinking of getting a mill dot master but do they work with a 22lr </div></div>

Yes a mil-dot master will work for .22's, but I'm not sure one will be of much use for your application.

Your Tasco is a good scope choice.

As Allen Iverson said, "we're talkin' practice. Practice is practice." So get out there and practice. Put an adequate scope on the 22, buy some ammo and shoot.
I originally bought the sweet 22 for my 10/22 last year as a temporary. I figured I'd plink around and feed the prairie dogs with it. It is exactly what I wanted, good, cheap practice. Range it, dial it, shoot it. Good out to 200 yards. I still haven't found a reason to replace it.

What HOOF said plus that is a great close out, think I saw it somplace for $39, then you can put your dough toward another rifle, just my thoughts, rifles increase in value, scopes not so much

Bought one (3-9x40mm) for my MKII BV about 5 months ago. It's my first scope so I don't have much to compare it to, but it does a good job at 50 and 100 yards and hasn't fallen apart yet! It holds zero better that I can. Bought this one at Sportsman's Guide for less than $40. These are last year's model with the AO. The newer ones have a third turret adjustment for parallax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">joeboboutfitters.com
you can get a mueller APT there for like $130 shipped after discount codes

i LOVE mine </div></div>

I second this. Fantastic scope, clear and very sharp, lifetime guarentee. Most of the guys at Rinfirecentral use them.
At Joebobs they are now $115.00 and include a free sunshade. E mail him and he will give you a code for an extra 5% off. Got my scope in 4 days and he even included a T shirt. He's a Vet and his service is 1st rate.
The turrets are very good and it an AO, 1" scope, 4 X 14 X 40 AO. It also has a lifetime guarentee. It's not made for the hard hitting centerfires, just rimfire, 17's etc.Best Regards, John K

i got to play with one today, i agree they are pretty clear and sharp.

however it's my experience with bsa that allows me to know that the lifetime warranty comes in pretty handy. save up for shipping and ammo to resight when you get your replacement.