• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BSA vs. Primary Arms MIL/MIL scopes

shaman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2008
Frankfort, Kentucky
BSA Goods
half mil hashes
Lifetime warranty
91 MOA to the PA's 60

Primary Arms Goods
9'-30' FOV to BSA's 7.9-27.5
12.9" to BSA's 13.3

Can't find weight or focus for the BSA.

As a Texan, the price would be $248 shipped for the PA, and whatever the BSA comes out to, so price is a wash. Plan is target shooting, knob turning, and maybe some plinking/hunting.

Re: BSA vs. Primary Arms MIL/MIL scopes

I like the reticle in the BSA. MD's are OK but 1/2 mil hashes are mo better.

Just yesterday I was showing a friend the advantages of the 4-14 FFP BSA compared to a standard duplex hunting variable. Mind you this is a guy that thinks a $40 dollar scope is good enough, LOL. He liked it so much that he's ready to drop big bucks
wink.gif
smile.gif
on the BSA.

copied and pasted from another thread vs. a mueller (i took out the mueller stuff), hope it helps:

though the PA is "falcon menacey" it's not the same scope as the falcon menace and the PA has only a 3 year warranty. it is "tacticoolish" when bumped up against the mueller, and has some different styles of reticles, along with a side focus
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_p/pa4-14xffp.htm

as it's tough to find a primary arms dealer in general, i'd have a tough time thinking that the scopes will go the distance or have a decent amount of customer support.

personally i like the look and the features of the PA, BUT if they are only backing them up with a 3 yr warranty, similiar features can be found on other scopes that have a good track record. i think i'd even pick the BSA 4-14 MRAD mil in that same price range, at least you'ld get a LT warranty, and be able to use the midway coupons for it, reducing the cost more.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/456482/...d-reticle-matte

tube, knob location looks familiar doesn't it? i can only speculate that the PA and BSA are coming out of the same Chinese factory, just with a different name printed on the side.

***just looked free shipping on the BSA***, so like you said price is a wash. with the BSA i do like the MRAD reticle better, plus it has the LT warranty. BUT USE THE MIDWAY COUPON FOR 25.00 OFF 200.00 PURCHASE, THE BSA WILL COME OUT LOWER PRICE.

just to add, i've never had good luck with the "normal" BSA scopes, perhaps the mil mil one may prove to be of better longevity.

some stuff on the hide:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2329331

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2258695

hit some of the airgun forums that have BSA & primary arms posts, the air rifles tend to eat up less than sturdy scopes, those air rifle (not airsoft) has some good information in them too.

also you can always shoot BSA a customer inquiry, they actually will answer quickly and should give you a response on the weight.

Can you guys help me with the maximum discount on a Midway coupon code please?

I'm going to buy 2 more of those BSA 4-14's. I found this promo code "30101212" for $30 off. Is there a way to get more off?

Thanks

Top Predator, I have those threads, and one I started about how they are holding up bookmarked here, some on ARFCOM, and a few at Gateway to airguns as two people there have bought one. One said that the reticle was maybe a little too thin and got lost, but for an FFP, I want to side on the side of thin.

I know that the MIdway coupons are split into 100s, so I was thinking about adding caps and a bad lever to get the price up to $300. As soon as I find a coupon I may be purchasing, although I won't be using it until April.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you guys help me with the maximum discount on a Midway coupon code please?

I'm going to buy 2 more of those BSA 4-14's. I found this promo code "30101212" for $30 off. Is there a way to get more off?

Thanks </div></div>

Turns out Midway had free shipping on optics so I saved 50 bucks or so for both scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or save like another $50 up and grab an SWFA SS.
wink.gif
</div></div>

If I wanted a fixed 10, I would have picked up the refurb Bushnell that Cameraland had for $150 for Black Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the reticle in the BSA. MD's are OK but 1/2 mil hashes are mo better.

Just yesterday I was showing a friend the advantages of the 4-14 FFP BSA compared to a standard duplex hunting variable. Mind you this is a guy that thinks a $40 dollar scope is good enough, LOL. He liked it so much that he's ready to drop big bucks
wink.gif
smile.gif
on the BSA. </div></div>

Said friend did end up getting the BSA Tactical 4-14FFP to put on his new FX T12 PCP air rifle. I showed him the FFP trick of how to sight in his rifle by measuring the distance from POI to POA with reticle. He adjusted the scope and we were done sighting in.

Shaman,

I'm not using BC scope caps, just the bikini covers that came with the scope.