• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BSF carbon fiber barrels? Accuracy? Reviews?

Mrhyne

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
Has anyone tried these barrels out in a long range setup? The idea of their carbon fiber design looks like it would be very effective in my opinion. Please let me know if anyone has used this or tested for accuracy, repeatability once Barrel is somewhat warmer etc. I’m interested in this barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor

There QC and CS is top notch though. From the accuracy I’ve seen it’s excellent. They really are an American made company that takes pride in their stuff

I ended up getting one as well. I honestly like the idea of it right now. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Would be interesting to see them up against a Proof.

I will do a thorough test on my 18” 308 when I get the rifle built just like a did and am still doing with me 6.5cm proof barrel on a tikka.

Last edited:
I will post my results as well. I'm Running a 6.5 Grendel. Rifle is almost done

Can’t wait to hear about it. I am still waiting on my barrels to come in. Once they do, I will be getting to the range ASAP.

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. Finally got word my barrel is finished and will hopefully get delivered by this weekend. Mine is a 24" 22 Nosler 8-twist. Here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• photo81454.jpg
    photo81454.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 161
Update. Took mine out yesterday morning.
was running garbage ammo through it but was able to hold about 3/4 moa at 100 yards. And ding steel out to 400.
will post photos and more in depth results after I get some match grade ammo loaded

Installed and shot mine as well this weekend. The fit and finish is excellent, down to the small American flag engraved near the muzzle. I was able to get it under an inch with Hornady ELD Black and Alexander Arms 123 Scenars with less than 100 rds through the barrel. I got several tight five shot groups with 1 flier, which I think was me more than the barrel. Promising to say the least as far as tightening things up with hand loads. It weighed only a couple of ounces more than the 20" Faxon heavy fluted which was light for a 20" barrel (1.98 lbs) that I swapped out. Since the BSF has a .936 GB, a large OD hand guard is necessary to allow enough clearance for the GB, so options may be limited to the Aero Precision Enhanced upper (which is what I used) and similar designs.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4732\/38102219485_493838dff1_n.jpg"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4580\/38273093904_2293d0d7e7_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
i really expected the barrel to save weight.... mine are supposed to be shipped this week.

Installed and shot mine as well this weekend. The fit and finish is excellent, down to the small American flag engraved near the muzzle. I was able to get it under an inch with Hornady ELD Black and Alexander Arms 123 Scenars with less than 100 rds through the barrel. I got several tight five shot groups with 1 flier, which I think was me more than the barrel. Promising to say the least as far as tightening things up with hand loads. It weighed only a couple of ounces more than the 20" Faxon heavy fluted which was light for a 20" barrel (1.98 lbs) that I swapped out. Since the BSF has a .936 GB, a large OD hand guard is necessary to allow enough clearance for the GB, so options may be limited to the Aero Precision Enhanced upper (which is what I used) and similar designs.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4732\/38102219485_493838dff1_n.jpg"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4580\/38273093904_2293d0d7e7_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Looking good, the fit and finish on mine is excellent as well, though I'm just getting started on my build. If you would, please post the specs of your rifle.

Dave

Looking good, the fit and finish on mine is excellent as well, though I'm just getting started on my build. If you would, please post the specs of your rifle.

Dave

Sure, the upper is as follows:

Aero M4E1 upper w/ 15" hand guard
BSF 20" Barrel
VG6 Gamma 65 MB
SLR .936 Sentry adj. gas block (set screw)
CMMG gas tube
BCM ion bonded bolt carrier
Maxium 6.5 Grendel bolt

Let me know how You like the 6.5 grendel barrel I am very interested in trying 1 but I haven't been able to find any reviews on the bsf barrels anywhere.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Second round... results are still solid. The first is Lapua 123 over 28.2 gr of ARComp and the second is Factory 123 ELD. Probably going to try some ELD handloads.

Attachments

• photo86121.jpg
    photo86121.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 458
  • photo86122.jpg
    photo86122.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 472
Just put together a 6.5 creedmoor with a 22" +2 gas bsf barrel. The accuracy was very good. In the initial testing it was easily sub moa with factory 143 eldx and norma 130. The only real issue is it seems to walk pretty good at around 10 rounds fired rather rapidly. I dont know if i will have a chance to test again soon. The accuracy was on par with the christensen barrel i shot 500 rounds out of, but the christensen did not walk.

Reviving a dead thread here.
Finally finished my load dev.
I'm running a 123gr custom comp with imr8208.
Velocity could be more but for the yardages i shoot it won't matter much. Maybe give up .4 mil in elevation and .1 or .2 in windage.
Anyway results as follows.
2400fps
Es15
Averaging a little over .5 moa at 100 yards.
3 shot group.
Plan to load 100 rounds on the progressive and see if they still shoot good.
Found a good flat node

Attachments

• 20180319_010136.jpg
    20180319_010136.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 351
Reviving a dead thread here.
Finally finished my load dev.
I'm running a 123gr custom comp with imr8208.
Velocity could be more but for the yardages i shoot it won't matter much. Maybe give up .4 mil in elevation and .1 or .2 in windage.
Anyway results as follows.
2400fps
Es15
Averaging a little over .5 moa at 100 yards.
3 shot group.
Plan to load 100 rounds on the progressive and see if they still shoot good.
Found a good flat node

Any updates? When I get time I will post my own results. I have an 18.5 on my gasser so I'd like to see what yalls results are to date. Thanks.

Second round... results are still solid. The first is Lapua 123 over 28.2 gr of ARComp and the second is Factory 123 ELD. Probably going to try some ELD handloads.
Any updates? When I get time I will post my own results. I have an 18.5 on my gasser so I'd like to see what yalls results are to date. Thanks.