• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BTC-pro or Area 419 clamp

FishDr

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2014
    West KY
    Guys,
    I have an Area 419 clamp that I'm using on a standard ARCA rail.... meaning that it is non-ArcaLock. The rail is narrow by a few thousandths of an inch, just enough so that the 419 clamp won't lock on it. It locks onto my standard size rails just fine (McRee chassis, ACC chassis, Area 419 rail).

Do any of you with first hand knowledge of both happen to know if the BTC-pro will lock onto a rail that is just a bit undersized? If so, I have a 419 clamp that I'd trade...
    Thanks.

Still trying to find this answer: I checked my HC-pro (Harris Bipod), and it WILL attach and lock onto the slightly undersized rail mentioned in post #1. Does anyone know if the BTC-pro has same dimensions? I.e., if the HC pro will clamp that rail, will the BTC pro grab it as well?

@MPHReallyRightStuff