• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes "Bubbles" popped up in IOR scope

xdpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
South Texas
Just bought a rifle Friday, took it out to the range, gun shot great.(1/2" @ 100yds) I took it out today and shot all the way out to 700. I put about 30 rnds. through it today and the scope got three bubbles in it. Does any body know what causes this, and how or if it can be fixed. I'm guessing I'll have to send it back to the factory. The scope came with the gun and is not brand knew. I may be screwed, I have not dealt with IOR before. Just wanted to know what possibly caused this problem.

Re: "Bubbles" popped up in IOR scope

I had an IOR do the same thing and sent it in (with warranty card) and they replaced it. It helps to have the warranty card, but don't know if it is a make or break. Keep us updated.

Doubt you are less likely to go with IOR again, but if you do, consider buying from Scott at Liberty Optics or SWFA.

Hope it works out for you with the scope. Let us know.

i've owned 2 of their m24's on my 20" ar 15's,both were great.was concidering one of their new edge red dots but will wait for more feed back.

netranger6,
the "bubbles" that came up in the scope are very small and look to be liquid. I think they may be some type of lubriacant from inside the scope. I am not sure how they put their scopes together, but maybe some type of oil in the turrets? I was using the turrets quite a bit the other day, not sure that scope had been used that much. I don't know, that may not be correct, it's all we could figure.

I had the same thing with my IOR. Not normal!!!

Call IOR ASAP and they will get this resolved. Great customer service.

They replaced it immediately and life went on.

AHhhhh, you have found out IOR's secret. They fill the scopes with liquid nitrogen. You have bubbles due to the liquid finding a way to switch back to a gas which seems to crop up once in a while. They will never give anyone an issue over this because they don't want the hassles or anyone finding out their top secret trade secret on how it's done.

<----------- if you made it this far, you know this guy is full of shit
grin.gif