• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Buck knife 110 hunters folder

ms6852

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
I had one of these on my side for 21 years when I was in the army and served me well. I gave mine to my nephew when he joined the marines as good luck and it served him well in Afghanistan too. I missed mine so I went to walmart and lo and behold they had one for $27.99, every one else seems to have them for $30 to $40 dollars more. As an inexpensive knife for those of you who have never owned one, you can never go wrong owning one of this.

I bought one in the ships store on the USS America back in the late 80's. Carried it all the way around the world until my medical discharge in '98. Great knife plan on passing it down to my son when he comes of age, only 5.

What a great knife. Bought my first one in the '60s and took it to RVN and it stayed with me until the day I left when I was relieved of it before boarding the flight home. I replaced it immediately and that one is still with me. It has been to Mexico, Alaska, the Yukon and has rendered everything from quail and fish to elk. Long before Buck introduced the finger groove model, I cut grooves into it, a thumb notch in the bolster and modified the spring so it works as a flick knife. A few years ago I had the opportunity to meet Chuck Buck and his production manager. He was kind enough to sign and date the blade with an electro-pencil. He asked the production manager to date the knife and the gentleman told him that it had the original blade markings so it was pre-whatever.

The 110 was not the first large folder and it was not the first lockback. It was the knife that made these features mainstream. To this day, no one with a 110 is ill equipped.

Still have both of my Buck's a 110 and a 112. They served me well for 42 years and counting.