• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Bucket List

Dave in Idaho

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2003
Idaho
Bucket list item is done.

Flintlock is officially retired. Fork horn taken at 25 yds +/-. Round ball and 70gr of black powder. He was facing me and the ball entered upper chest where meets neck.
Destroyed wind pipe, left lung, liver, stomach, exited in front of left hind quarter.

This was rifle is legit. 46" hand made barrel, flintlock. Caliber is just over .45. No maker stamped or engraved anywhere on the rifle. Many of the parts are hand made. A regular guy rifle.

We believe it's origins go back to the 1700's. I have wanted to take 1 deer and I have. Now the rifle goes on the wall for the rest of it's existance.
20201013_180402.jpg

Last edited:
Love it! My great grandfather gave me a Winchester 1893 I've been dying to get a kill with. When I finally do I think it'll probably equal any other hunt I've had before

Reactions: Dave in Idaho
I had a similar, but still very different thing...

Wanted to make a home made bow, cane arrows, and take a deer with a stone point. Did it in 2002 season.

Lots of folks here in Missouri hunt with stickbows & stone points.

Some folks might think hunting with rock locks, bows, etc is going backwards, but I find the challenge very rewarding.

One of the guides working for the outfitter I sheep hunted with in AK has a bow, arrows, and broadheads he made - hes killed 4 rams with it. Totally different level of manhood there.